PDA

View Full Version : Disney Quest

jwildflower1981
12-08-2009, 02:06 PM
How much does DQ cost? Is it the same as going to MK for the day? Is it worth adding the Waterparks and More option to our 5 day PH tickets to go check out DQ? Or should I just pay OOP? My DH really wants to go check it out. :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-08-2009, 02:30 PM
It costs $52 to add the Waterparks and More option, so if you're just going to check out Disney Quest, you're better to pay OOP.

However, if you think you will also go to a waterpark, then the waterparks and more option on the tickets is worth it.

Tygger7
12-08-2009, 02:58 PM
My DD & DH are HUGE video game fans, but they were really disappointed by DisneyQuest. The day we went, it was packed with school groups and you had to wait in line for everything. We were there almost 2 hours and never played anything. Most of the games were like what you see at Dave & Busters/GameWorks. We had very high hopes and were very disappointed....fortunately, we had a free upgrade for the water park & more ticket option, otherwise I would have been really ticked if I'd paid for DQ. Just my two cents. :D

RBrooksC
12-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Disney Quest is rather outdated at this point and, to be honest, it is basically a minor Cash Cow for Disney. They are making money off of it without having to do any upgrades to it.

When I went there last, it was 2004 and I felt some of the stuff was a little dated. With the graphics and game play one can get off a PS3 or XBox360, these games are really showing their age.

The only two things there worth the while, IMHO, is Cyber Space Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean. Other than that, most of the stuff is passable, at best.

You would better spend your time and money elsewhere, like a water park, renting a SeaRaycer, or something like that.

mdhiggin
12-08-2009, 05:11 PM
DH and kids liked it, but as the non-gamer in the family, I was bored out of my mind. I'd much rather be at a waterpark.

JabberJaws
12-10-2009, 11:52 AM
I agree that the technology in it is a bit outdated. That being said, if you can catch it on a day that it isn't buys and you enjoy interactive games, it is a blast.

IMO the Roller Coaster creator/simulator is awesome, even by today's standards (though I have yet to try the new KUKO robotic arm attraction at Innoventions).

Also, the POTC game is VERY addictive.

Finally, the level that is just free arcade games can be a blast too.

But like I said, it all depends on IF you like this sort of thing and IF it isn't that busy. If it is busy it can be a bit of an annoyance.

jwildflower1981
12-11-2009, 11:05 PM
Can someone tell me how much it costs? Is it the same price as park admission?

pdrlkr
01-06-2010, 11:57 PM
How much does DQ cost? How much time should you allow for it? :blush: