PDA

View Full Version : Should We Keep Flame Tree Barbeque a Secret?

Goes4FastPass
12-07-2009, 06:09 PM
We very much enjoyed our lunch break at Flame Tree Barbeque this past trip.

I didn't realize there was so MUCH seating in many 'shelters' behind the counter service area.

After we picked up our food we keep moving away from the front until we sat overlooking the water.

Great atmosphere, a great break from the park... and very doggone good food.

But forget I said that, we'll keep it a secret.

BMan62
12-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Not too much of a secret....we go there every trip at least once....love the pavilions looking over at Everest!!

DizneyRox
12-07-2009, 07:04 PM
FTBBQ is the best CS location on property. It's dropped a little since they trimmed the menu of several of the platters, but the food is every bit as tasty as it's always been.

Flame Tree Rub:

2C Sugar
1/2C Lawry's Seasoning Salt
1/4C Paprika
1/4C Chili Powder
1/4C Black Powder
3T Cumin
1 1/2T Onion Powder
1 1/2T Garlic Salt

Season Meat 4-6 hours before cooking any longer will dry out the meat.

We enjoy it year round!

hannahandkalebmom
12-07-2009, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the recipe we will have to try it sometime.

Darbylew
12-07-2009, 08:55 PM
We love Flame Tree. We would not miss a
chance to eat there. We go there everytime
we are in the park. We always sit down by the
water as well. :number1::mickey:

Kairi_7378
12-07-2009, 09:56 PM
Your secret is safe with me! (We think Flame Tree is great!)

Briansmom
12-07-2009, 10:16 PM
I only have two words for our secret....

Yummy....and........AHHHHHHHHH....

:secret:

DisneyFr33k
12-08-2009, 11:25 AM
Love Flame Tree and their food!

HATE the biting ducks....DD(12) was bit twice with only having her hand in her lap (it literally jumped up and bit her!). And no, we don't feed them.

Pally
12-08-2009, 11:38 AM
Love Flame Tree and their food!

HATE the biting ducks....DD(12) was bit twice with only having her hand in her lap (it literally jumped up and bit her!). And no, we don't feed them.

Love Flame Tree also. Although, I miss the corn on the cob. Not a fan of the beans.

Hate the birds. Actually, the ground it is quite filthy with bird droppings and they are getting more aggressive. We saw lots of people in August giving them food. I guess they have no idea what they are doing. :sadwave: Unfortunately, this fantastic area is going to the birds. It is definitely taking away from the area.

okw2006
12-08-2009, 12:03 PM
One of our favorites! However, I am not pleased that they took the key lime pie off the menu.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-08-2009, 12:58 PM
We discovered this one last trip and its a keeper

BigRedDad
12-08-2009, 02:06 PM
FTB a secret? I don't think it is possible. I think they pump that smoke out over the park just so people instinctively flock there. One of the best QS meals. You can share it because there is far more than 1 person can eat.

BigThunderFan
12-08-2009, 02:46 PM
One of our favorites! However, I am not pleased that they took the key lime pie off the menu.

WHAT!?? They took the key lime pie off the menu!? I guess I'll be trying Yak & Yeti's instead now... I'm from KC and can have great BBQ anytime. Finding key lime pie is another thing...:(

jnfr2424
12-08-2009, 02:52 PM
We enjoyed Flame Tree on Thanksgiving Day it for a pre lunch meal It was pretty great and we sat by the waterfront as well the only downfall like everyone else that I have to agree with is about the annoying birds and by the way Key Lime Pie was on the menu Thanksgiving Day so unless something changed in the last 13 days....

okw2006
12-08-2009, 04:38 PM
We enjoyed Flame Tree on Thanksgiving Day it for a pre lunch meal It was pretty great and we sat by the waterfront as well the only downfall like everyone else that I have to agree with is about the annoying birds and by the way Key Lime Pie was on the menu Thanksgiving Day so unless something changed in the last 13 days....

When we were there in Nov., they had changed the key lime pie to key lime mousse. It was not bad, just not key lime pie.

Gator
12-08-2009, 08:20 PM
I've never seen Flame Tree NOT have long lines. Even when it pouring rain and the park is empty, Flame Tree has a good wait to get to the food. I don't think it's a secret.

BluewaterBrad
12-09-2009, 03:08 PM
I miss the corn on the cob also. I think the beans are pretty good also. I love sitting down at that covered area also. It was really good when the character boat would come around during lunch. I think the bbq sauce is excellent also by the way!:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
12-09-2009, 03:16 PM
This is a well kept secret, I think. For sure our favorite counter service in all of WDW next to Caseys! The food is just delicious, the seating is ample, peaceful and pretty. We never miss Flame tree while at AK. My family refused to go to our ADR at Tusker which we had to cancel because they couldn't imagine skipping Flame Tree.

pox24
12-09-2009, 04:34 PM
I agree with everyone, this is one of the best CS places to eat on the property. The view of Everest out back isn't bad either.

Goes4FastPass
12-09-2009, 05:06 PM
Folks, I didn't really think Flame tree Barbeque was a secret, I was just making conversation.

Now will someone please tell me if there's a ride anywhere at Disney World that looks like flying baby elephants? Every time I ask about it all I get is :shrug:

LibertyTreeGal
12-10-2009, 06:39 PM
I knew you were kidding, but I wish you weren't -- the lines are way too long. Maybe we should start smack-talking it on the boards ;)