PDA

View Full Version : Caribbean Beach Resort OR Port Orleans Riverside?

Earnhardt321
12-06-2009, 10:19 PM
Ok so planning for a possible trip in January. Where would you rather stay?

Caribbean Beach or Port Orleans Riverside and why?

BMan62
12-07-2009, 06:32 AM
Moved to Accommodations where you should get more replies.

wdwvacationeer
12-07-2009, 06:46 AM
We have stayed at both resorts two times each. So, obviously we would go back to either one. They are both big and spread out. Caribbean Beach has an internal shuttle to help get around the resort. PO seems to have a more relaxed atmosphere to me. Both times we were there it shared a bus with POFQ.

We stayed at CB last summer and loved it. We stayed in either Jamaica or Aruba, I can't remember which, and had an updated Nemo themed room which was nice. The biggy for the kids, however, was the new pirate pool- they loved it!

Really, both resorts are a lot of fun and I don't think you would be disappointed at either one!

Seasonscraps
12-07-2009, 09:53 AM
I would choose POR. I like the restaurant, River Roost Lounge/Bob Jackson, the theming, the boat to DTD and the shared ammenities with the FQ.

#1donaldfan
12-07-2009, 12:09 PM
.....POR.....

why ?? it just gives off a relaxing vibe that we enjoy each and every year....I can't find anything wrong, with the place, from transportation to food. :cool:

Mr_Increddieble
12-07-2009, 12:54 PM
Stayed at both. I preferred the feel of POR and the boat to DTD (which you'll only do once) but the DW preferred the CBR breakfast area and location within WDW (POR is off the beaten path). Pools are similiar. Flip a coin.
Heads CBR.
Tails POR.
Sideways POLY.

mom2morgan
12-07-2009, 02:44 PM
I've stayed at POR twice and am planning to stay at CBR next time. I know that doesn't help you much! But I'm scared to change - I really love POR, but I'm afraid if I never try something new I'll miss out ;-)

KatrinaJ91
12-07-2009, 08:04 PM
We love POR and have decided that will probably be our go-to resort for future visits! It is so relaxing there and we love the boat to DD....which we did a few times during our stay. The food court at Riverside is amazing and Bob Jackson at Riverside is a really fun time!

SillySymphony
12-07-2009, 08:33 PM
Earnhardt321.... Canadian, eh...? Me too... Transplanted Newfie... Same country, different horizons !!! So.... I notice you've actually stayed at both... I have to throw my vote behind CBR. It's vacation.... I don't want to pretend to be in the Deep South.... I could've been there if I had just hopped off the plane a little soon...! We like the "feel" of CBR. It says, "Relax, Mon..." Now then, beyond that.... Both Moderates.... very similar amenities, CBR's rooms are a hair larger ... and older (though that tends to matter Off-Property much more than on) PO has some interesting food choices, CBR has beaches... I wouldn't say it's a wash, but close. In the end, it really is about how you want your vacation to "feel"...

Earnhardt321
12-08-2009, 01:06 PM
Thank you to all who posted their thoguhts!!
I think we have decided to go woth CB. We stayed there on our very first trip.
I would have liked to stay at PO but was voted down.
I am not to sad I am just happy we are FINALLY going back!!!!!!

Silly Symphony where in NFL are you from?