PDA

View Full Version : Week 13 Good, Bad, and Ugly

sportsguy2315
12-07-2009, 01:09 AM
It's everyone's favorite time to praise and vent your NFL team!

Vikings:
Good: As weird as this may sound, this is a humbling experience. Tonight showed us we still have a long way to go to be an elite NFL team, and well, without a top O Line showed us what a 40 year old QB actually looks like which is a frightening thought.
Bad: Our sideline turning into an infirmary of sorts, EJ Henderson's broken leg looking especially scary. While I had my fears for Cincy next week, tonight's injuries just magnified things for me.
Ugly: See bad.

Greenlawler
12-07-2009, 01:34 AM
Titans

The Good: The Titans despite the loss proved their run was not a fluke. The Titans also proved they could play with the Colts, outgained them, held the ball longer, Vince looked okay, however.....

The Bad.. Too many mitakes cost them dearly. Dropped ball on a clear touchdown, two questionable play calls in the red zone, a couple of questionable penalties, and no calls, three red zone trips with 3 points arghhhh. A fumble, an interception, personal foul after a Titan was paying back a Colt for jamming his hand inside his facemask (they never see the instegator only the retaliation:ill:) Makes you wonder if only... Gotta give the Colts credit though, tough team obviously. The deserved the win they made the plays. The Titans did not. No one to blame but themselves.

The Ugly, the loss leaves the playoffs at a longshot. The Titans could still sneak in if they can somehow jump 4 teams, not likely but a far cry from 0-6. Maybe 9-7 can get them in.

WDWfanatic742
12-07-2009, 06:32 AM
Atlanta Falcons

The Good - Hmmm, let me think...we scored a last second touchdown. Vick shows that he still has something left in the tank, even though it was for the other team :rolleyes:

The Bad - Everything. Most of our offense is on the medical report and our defense just plain stinks. We couldn't score until the last second.

The Ugly - Our playoff chances are gone unless we get a miracle. And we are getting more and more people on the injury report. I guess you can't have a good season when half of your entire team is injured...

Disdude
12-07-2009, 06:45 AM
New York Giants

The Good: There was a lot that was good about this game. The best part is that I live in the Dallas area and I can proudly wear the colors for the second time this year. Also, they were looking pretty good. They were looking like a TEAM.

The Bad: They still have some work to do on play calling.

The Ugly: Dallas sportsmanship. Watching players showboat after every play play gets a bit old. After a score is one thing but after a 4 yard run. I guess you have to do what you can to stay in the zone but I saw enough "take that Giants fans" dances and flexes for the season.

The Super Ugly: Flozel Adams. What a bum.

Ian
12-07-2009, 07:34 AM
The Ugly: Dallas sportsmanship. Watching players showboat after every play play gets a bit old. After a score is one thing but after a 4 yard run. I guess you have to do what you can to stay in the zone but I saw enough "take that Giants fans" dances and flexes for the season.Yeah I noticed that! They were losing badly and yet Marion Barber got up after every run and was jumping all over, posing, flexing .... I kept thinking, "What an idiot!" That team really is annoying. It was great seeing them go down. They're overrated.

On to the Eagles:

The Good: A very important win. Beating a conference team on the same day Dallas loses to move us into a tie for 1st in the division. Pretty much a thorough dismantling of the Falcons.

The Bad: I'm still not feeling it about this team. Yeah they won and won handily, but who did they really beat? The Falcons practically played a second string team, with all the injuries they have. All I know is, when I watch the Saints and the Vikings play, I have no illusions that this team is good enough to beat them.

The Ugly: Nothing particularly ugly today. Maybe the reaction Vick got from the Atlanta home crowd?

Pagan
12-07-2009, 09:41 AM
Good: A gutsy comeback win against a division rival. Henne showed that he does NOT get rattled by his mistakes, which will only make him better as he learns the game more. Now only a game out of the division lead.

Bad: Still need help at the WR position.

Ugly: Tom Brady. Gods I can't stand him. :razz:

indytraveler
12-07-2009, 10:00 AM
The Colts:

The Good: 12-0!! Manning being Manning in the first half. Defense getting it done on the Goal Line Stand. Special Teams getting a late 3pts in the first half.

The Bad: Allowing Tennessee to score a td before the half.

The Ugly: Tennessee's lack of composure on end of drive of first half. Good teams don't hurt themselves and are disciplined. (See team with fewest penalties this year) Remainder of the schedule with only home field advantage to gain and the Colts resting everyone for the playoffs.

#1donaldfan
12-07-2009, 11:58 AM
Steelers

...come on, someone with a positive outlook, give me something good about the Steelers, 'cause all I see is BAD N UGLY !!:ill::ill::ill::ill::mad:

gueli
12-07-2009, 10:16 PM
Good: A gutsy comeback win against a division rival. Henne showed that he does NOT get rattled by his mistakes, which will only make him better as he learns the game more. Now only a game out of the division lead.

Bad: Still need help at the WR position.

Ugly: Tom Brady. Gods I can't stand him. :razz:

Now who do you dislike more, the pats or the jets ?
:D

gueli
12-07-2009, 10:21 PM
The good : we are 6 & 6 (didn't see the game, Epcot)
the bad: our "knucklehead" QB. but he's our Knucklehead (paraphrased from Rex Ryan)

the Ugly: Did you hear what Rex said ? Nah I didn't either, too busy having fun.

also good : The dolphins beat the pats. Good for them. (well at least two afc east teams lost and the jets were not one of them)

the bad (part duex): Bret falling apart again. Uh oh watch out Vikes. Apparently you are finding out what favre can do (Interceptions).

The Reservoir Dog
12-08-2009, 07:40 AM
Good: Ok. My Raiders beat the reigning Superbowl Champions....:scratch:

What's going on?

Bad - The Texans. My tip as the surprise play off team.

The Ugly - Donald Driver's fumble costing me victory in my fantasy league.

indytraveler
12-08-2009, 10:34 AM
Steelers

...come on, someone with a positive outlook, give me something good about the Steelers, 'cause all I see is BAD N UGLY !!:ill::ill::ill::ill::mad:

They have Cleveland Thursday night?!?

Pagan
12-08-2009, 11:09 AM
Now who do you dislike more, the pats or the jets ?
That's like asking me to choose between Manson & Dahmer. :razz:

Greenlawler
12-08-2009, 11:39 AM

Of course Manson never directly killed anyone did he? Much like the Jets ;).

#1donaldfan
12-08-2009, 01:04 PM
They have Cleveland Thursday night?!?

under normal circumstances I would agree with that one, however we've yet to win a divisional game, and the fact that I don't have the NFL network, I'm going to miss the game.....thanks for trying though....:(

gueli
12-08-2009, 01:25 PM

so pick one already... Its not like I am asking you to kill someone...;)
so who do you dislike more ? (rate the afc east in terms of dislike)

By the way how was the gig in riverhead ?
:beer:

Pagan
12-08-2009, 05:04 PM
so pick one already... Its not like I am asking you to kill someone...;)
so who do you dislike more ? (rate the afc east in terms of dislike)
Can I say I dislike both equally? :razz:

By the way how was the gig in riverhead ?
:beer:
It was amusing to say the least. The weather was horrific, so three of the bands on the bill decided not to show. The weather also kept people away. The sound men didn't have a CLUE what they were doing either. Fun all around!

It was in an old theater that was a reproduction of the Ford Theater. Halfway through our set I got a little mischievous, so being wireless I decided to take a stroll up into the balcony and play one song in the booth where Lincoln got it. :crazy:

I don't know if this is allowed, but here's a pic of me in the booth that a fan took with a cellphone cam and emailed to me. :D

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/Blazeland/1205092052.jpg

gueli
12-08-2009, 10:37 PM
Can I say I dislike both equally? :razz:

Um NO I want an answer
:fit:
heck I will even give you my ratings :
dislike most - patriots
next - the dolphins
last- the sad sack bills
this list is subject to change based on wins. Oh by the way I am rooting for your team this week...:beer:

It was amusing to say the least. The weather was horrific, so three of the bands on the bill decided not to show. The weather also kept people away. The sound men didn't have a CLUE what they were doing either. Fun all around!

It was in an old theater that was a reproduction of the Ford Theater. Halfway through our set I got a little mischievous, so being wireless I decided to take a stroll up into the balcony and play one song in the booth where Lincoln got it. :crazy:

I don't know if this is allowed, but here's a pic of me in the booth that a fan took with a cellphone cam and emailed to me. :D

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/Blazeland/1205092052.jpg

sorry about the weather. pic is cool.

Pagan
12-09-2009, 09:47 AM
Um NO I want an answer
:fit:
heck I will even give you my ratings :
dislike most - patriots
next - the dolphins
last- the sad sack bills
this list is subject to change based on wins. Oh by the way I am rooting for your team this week...:beer:
Okay okay....since I live in NY I have to say the Jets, only cause I have to deal with the obnoxious fans on a daily basis.

Like this weekend...Jet fan saw my Dolphins tattoo. "Hope you don't think your team is making the playoffs, cause they stink!" (didn't say "stink")

And I'm thinking..."they stink, but they swept the Jets."

ONLY a Jet fan would be cocky enough (and lets face it, DUMB enough) to say a team that swept them stinks. :razz:

I'm sure if I lived in Boston I'd feel differently. :D

Missy_Mouses_Dad
12-10-2009, 12:55 PM
Green Bay Packers

Good: We have Aaron Rodgers. He isn't flashy, but just keeps putting up numbers in the victory column and throwing to the right colored jersey.
Also, our defense is showing up.

Bad: special teams have been comparable to a bad high school team. We need a runningback.

Ugly: See Bad!!

indytraveler
12-10-2009, 05:42 PM
under normal circumstances I would agree with that one, however we've yet to win a divisional game, and the fact that I don't have the NFL network, I'm going to miss the game.....thanks for trying though....:(

I didn't realize they have lost so many in a row. They are due to beat Cleveland. However, the weather could be ugly tonight....

Ian
12-11-2009, 02:42 PM
I didn't realize they have lost so many in a row. They are due to beat Cleveland. However, the weather could be ugly tonight....Wow. I can't wait to see the Good/Bad/Ugly from the Stiller fans this week!!

How do you lose to the BROWNS???? :haha:

WDWfanatic742
12-11-2009, 10:09 PM
It's honestly not too surprising when you lose to Kansas City and Oakland in the same month as well...

I can't say much when my team will get crushed by the saints this week :(

gueli
12-12-2009, 08:27 AM
Wow. I can't wait to see the Good/Bad/Ugly from the Stiller fans this week!!

How do you lose to the BROWNS???? :haha:

I know what you mean. Its like how do you loose to the bills (a little self depreciating humor here)
or Oakland :D

Ian
12-13-2009, 07:27 PM
I know what you mean. Its like how do you loose to the bills (a little self depreciating humor here)
or Oakland :DYeah, sadly I remember what the latter feels like.