PDA

View Full Version : VIP KPs Disney Tour 2009 (pretrip report)

BelleKP
12-06-2009, 02:33 PM
WDW at Christmas . . . here we come!!
I have ALWAYS wanted to go to WDW at Christmas time, but as a teacher I rarely take time off work to travel (the odd exception). So when we decided to have our 2nd child I knew right away that I would be planning a trip to WDW at Christmas time while I was on maternity leave, regardless of how old the baby would be :D (Turns out she's 9 months old!). I'll admit that I am nervous about traveling with her, she has so far been a very easy going baby, but you never know what can happen when you are away from home. That being said, we are trying to be realistic in how we will handle this vacation . . . we did not get park hoppers (we tend to go commando when we do) . . . we plan to take turns taking our DD back to the hotel for naps, while the other stays with our older DD5 in the parks . . . and we only plan on staying to see two fireworks (one at 6:30pm the other at 8pm). Although we would have loved to go to the MVMCP, we decided not to, as even our older DD goes to bed early and is often asleep by 8pm (maybe in a couple more years we'll be back).
So here goes our Pre-trip Report . . .

CAST:
BelleKP (me, 33, Disney World fanatic)
DH (35, loves Disney too, but leaves the planning to me)
DD5 (5, third trip to WDW and has already written her 'must sees' list)
DD (9 months, first trip, already showing interest in Mickey)

PLAN:
Dec. 10 - driving from Ontario to Buffalo, to fly Airtran to MCO, arriving at 4:45pm, checking in at Poly (first time deluxe :cloud9:) and having dinner at Kona (first time)
Dec. 11 - CP breakfast before park opening, (another first), MK day, dinner at Spirit of Aloha :lei:
Dec. 12 - EMH @ DHS, dinner at Prime Time (first time), Fantasmic and Osborne Lights (first time)
Dec. 13 - DH is doing Segway Tour (his b-day gift from me), girls and I will meet him at EP when he is done, lunch at Tepan Edo (first time), Candelight Processional (first time)
Dec. 14 - EMH @ AK, going to try picnic in the park today (first time), dinner at Boma
Dec. 15 - EMH @ EP, dinner with the princesses at Akershus (DD5 is bringing her Snow White dress to wear :girl:)
Dec. 16 - I am most excited about this day!!!Breakfast at Kona, BBB for DD5 (it's a surprise, and my mother made her an Aurora dress that will be delivered by her Fairy Godmother) DD5 going to Tea Party at GF while I hit the spa for a massage :cloud9: (DH and DD will stay back for naps!), dinner at 1900 (first time), Spectro and Wishes
Dec. 17 - EMH @ MK, dinner at Chef Mickeys
Dec. 18 - either DHS or AK, dinner at 'Ohanas (best way to end a trip)
Dec. 19 - early flight (10am), and homeward bound

Home just in time to finish up some Xmas shopping, baking and decorating!!
:santa::tree::santa:

BelleKP
12-06-2009, 02:56 PM
BTW . . .
I just finished making a card to leave out for my DD5 to find the morning of her BBB appointment . . . check out what I wrote (I can't wait!! :D)
Dear Avalyn,
I heard that you were going to be in Disney World with your family and I wanted to give you a little surprise.
I know how much you love to dress up and look like a princess, so . . . your mommy is going to take you to the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique today to have your hair and make up done! THEN, this afternoon you are going to go have a tea party with Alice! THEN you and your family are going to have dinner with my darling Cinderella and her handsome husband the Prince!
Oh and I almost forgot, if you go to the closet, you will find that I left you something VERY special to wear on this magical day!
Have fun my dear!
Much love,
Your Fairy Godmother
xoxo

CanadianWDWFan
12-06-2009, 04:11 PM
Sounds like you guys are going to have a GREAT time! You are going to LOVE the Poly. I wish we could stay there every trip. Nothing like skipping Pearson airport and flying from Buffalo.

We had our youngest at Disney since he was six month old. Now that he is 5 he tells us where he wants to go and when!:D What I suggest is afternoon breaks, this allows everyone to get some down time and then you can hit the parks again in the evening.

Mysttree
12-06-2009, 07:04 PM
WOW- sounds like a terrific trip!
I KNOW that you DD Avalyn will never forget the special treats you have in store for her.
Have a wonderful time, and enjoy the massage :cloud9:
Looking forward to reading your trip report.

RedSoxFan
12-06-2009, 09:11 PM
Sounds like a nice trip planned. I love the letter too. Have a great time.:mickey:

vizsla
12-07-2009, 05:14 AM
Have a great time and a safe trip.

KylesMom
12-07-2009, 09:51 AM
Your plans look wonderful - you have a nice mix of activities without running through the parks with a lot of "firsts" on your list. Very :thumbsup: with the note to DD with the surprise BBB. Have a great time! :mickey:

disneykid@hrt
12-09-2009, 12:15 AM
Sounds like you're going to have a Super Fun Trip! :thumbsup:

BluewaterBrad
12-09-2009, 03:37 PM
Have a GREAT trip!! Tell us all about it when you get back!:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
12-09-2009, 03:50 PM
Love the letter surprising your DD with the dress! Also love the ADR choices. lots of variety during your trip and lots of fun experiences added in there too. Come back and tell us everything!

BelleKP
12-10-2009, 12:03 AM
Thanks everyone . . . just checking in here at Intercot one last time before shutting off the computer! :D
Bags are packed (one just shy of the 50lb limit :blush:) and waiting at the door . . . now the trick is trying to fall asleep when I'm soooooo excited! :joy:
Wish us luck traveling with the baby :fingers:
And I'll get my trip report up as soon as I can, when we get back!
Take care everyone!
:mickey:

faline
12-11-2009, 09:33 AM
You must already be settled in at the Poly and enjoying the start of your trip! You've got wonderful plans and it certainly will be a wonderful, holiday trip!

DisneyorBust
12-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Hope that you have a safe trip and a fantastic vacation!