PDA

View Full Version : Epcot Resorts

Zimkeeper
12-06-2009, 02:20 PM
We just booked our 25th Anniversary trip for November 2010.:mickey: I wanted to stay at the GF, but my DH prefers the location of the YC, BC and BW resorts. I chose the BW. How do these resorts compare? Are they all about the same? Is the BW a good choice?

phlo8810
12-06-2009, 07:42 PM
We Love the Epcot resorts! IMO the Boardwalk is hands down the best. We love the atmosphere our kids love the waterslide and you can't beat Flyin Fish Cafe. However they are all pretty much the same except for BC's pool which is its own waterpark. I'd say either one you'll be good. My only problem with the BW and its a minor one is that when taking a bus we're always the last stop after BC, YC, S&D, which after a long day is not alot of fun when the kids are cranky and want to go to bed. But the positives far outway that one negative. Have Fun

SBETigg
12-06-2009, 07:55 PM
I'm a big fan of the GF, but I think BW is a good choice-- walkable to Epcot and DHS, great location for nighttime activities. I think you'll enjoy it. I would think about booking a dinner at Flying Fish, it's really good. And Kouzzina has been getting good reviews, too. The easy access to World Showcase makes it a win for me. I went for my last anniversary, stayed at the GF, but we couldn't get in enough time at World Showcase. Enjoy!

Seasonscraps
12-06-2009, 10:39 PM
The BW is my favorite of the 3 - I like the light airy feel of the decor and the pool area.

ThanxForNoticin
12-07-2009, 12:23 PM
All 3 locations are outstanding. We prefer Beach Club. It's always seemed a little quieter for us than BW. You also get access to the best pool on property. But in reality, all 3 are very nice, all 3 offer easy walking or boating to EPCOT and DHS, and all 3 offer easy access to restaurants (and entertainment) all around the lake. You really cannot make a bad choice. Have a great trip and happy anniversary!

bruin1344
12-07-2009, 01:26 PM
All 3 resorts are very nice. I love the close proximity to World Showcase since i eat a lot of meals there and the entrance is never crowded. I also like that DHS is in walkable distance. Ive only stayed at BC but been to all 3. I like the BC the most because of the theme, Cape May dinner buffet, and Stormalong Bay.

Zimkeeper
12-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Thanks for your advice. We are so excited about our anniversary trip. We usually stay at the moderate resorts but decided to treat ourselves for this trip. We will definitely try the Flying Fish.

Gator
12-09-2009, 03:37 PM
I would love to stay at any of those resorts. They're so close to Epcot. I'd go to the park every night for international food and Illuminations. That location can't be beat.

22ridesandtheTOL
12-10-2009, 06:30 PM
As a big fan of the Boardwalk Inn, I also can't say enough about how marvelous the Flying Fish is. They're very creative and quite willing to accomidate specifice needs or wishes.

The proximity to EPCOT is delightful. Even though I've heard people wish that the bus ride back from the MK and AK is long due to the Boardwalk being the last stop, I like to consider that an opportunity for napping and meeting other travelers. You can also get off at the Swan and Dolphin and walk over the bridge to the Boardwalk.

The Inn itself is cosy, beautifully maintaned and decorated. It's possible I may be a bit baised as I've been staying there since 1998. ;)

Whatever you decide, I hope your trip is fabulous in every way.

thumperbug
12-11-2009, 04:47 PM
Just got back from YC a few weeks ago. It was great. The rooms are beautiful and the beds and bedding are to die for. The rooms are spacious and well laid out with plenty of storage space. I am sold on it. :thumbsup:

jsdt
12-11-2009, 06:22 PM
All 3 are good, but if you plan on spending a lot of time at the pool, then BC is our favorite.

pamickeys
12-21-2009, 12:45 PM
BW is annoying, all of the resorts shops are on the Boardwalk so if it's raining in the morning you're wet just going to get a cup of coffee. Flying Fish? any one can go there ,so staying at BW gets you nothing special. stay at YC, pay the extra for a lagoon view and look at BW that's the best way to enjoy BW

Seasonscraps
12-21-2009, 02:34 PM
The Bellvue Lounge at the BW sells continental breakfast in the mornings. But I agree 100% that you need to go to the BW to get anything. They have that little shop in the lobby but it really doesnt offer too much.