PDA

View Full Version : Sharing meals???

POOH_BEAR
12-06-2009, 11:07 AM
Okay...I need to preface that this is a long question w/multiple parts.

Also, let me explain the reason for my questions--I had Gastric Bypass Surgery about 3 months ago (down +55 lbs!!) and the type and amount of food I am able to eat. Also, I'm not really able to eat most desserts (not able to have sugar). We have the DDP (booked that over 8 months ago when I booked our trip). So...here it goes...

Is it common for two adults to share meals? Can it only be done with menu style restaurants or can it be done with the buffet?
If on the DDP can I ask to order from the children's menu?
I hate the thought of ordering a $20+ entree and only being able to eat just a very small portion of it. Or...on the buffet, I'll never be able to eat enough to "get my money' worth"

Has anyone else ever been through this and have any advise?

Thanks!

SBETigg
12-06-2009, 11:41 AM
I have no experience with it, but congratulations!

I do know that 1) two adults can share meals at table service locations that are not buffets/family style. Buffets/family style, no sharing- you're both charged full price for being at the buffet venue. Family style would be places like 'Ohana or Garden Grill. And a possible exception would be things like the skillet meal at Whispering Canyon (all you care to eat). But typical single serve appetizers/entrees/desserts at table service places can be shared.

2) Adults can order off the kids menu, but if you're on a dining plan as an adult, it will still take your adult credits. It might make more sense to pay oop for kids meals or share meals. Basically, a credit is a credit whether you use it for a $10 meal or a $20 meal.

LibertyTreeGal
12-07-2009, 09:08 AM
You might want to post this on the special needs forum as folks there have a ton of experience with dining limitations of all sorts :)

It may be that someone already knows the answer to this there. :mickey:

LibertyTreeGal
12-07-2009, 09:10 AM
OH! And I forgot to mention that Disney can substitute on desserts -- they are used to dealing with diabetes and all sorts of things. Just contact them ahead of time -- Chris (Stormchaser) has the info on all of that. he is a regular on the special needs forum.

MushuGrl
12-09-2009, 04:51 PM
I don't about the children's menu, but you can share with no problem - just let the waiter/waitress know and they will bring you an extra plate. My mom and I shared a plate of spaghetti at Tony's (and between the two of us, we only finished half a plate!)