PDA

View Full Version : DDP question...can I use TS credits for CS meals?

alaMode
12-06-2009, 10:08 AM
Hi!

We'll be at WDW later this week for a long weekend and we have the free DDP. We're not crazy about a couple of the ADRs we have and would rather spend the time enjoying the parks than having a TS meal.

Can we use our TS credits for CS meals? Of course I will cancel any ADRs we won't need if this is possible!

Thanks for the info/feedback!

Tess
WDW in 4 days!

BMan62
12-06-2009, 02:14 PM
Nope. You can exchange CS for snacks, in some places (not all,) but you cannot exchange TS for CS.

Sorry!

alaMode
12-06-2009, 02:32 PM
thanks for the info!

Tess

megustamex
12-06-2009, 02:45 PM
We traded TS for CS in September. Unless the rule has recently changed, there was a lot of discussion about this on previous posts. It was not a problem at all - we simply walked up to CS and told them we wanted to use our extra TS that we didn't have time to use. No problem.

alaMode
12-06-2009, 05:37 PM
We'll try that!

Tess

SBETigg
12-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Nope. You can exchange CS for snacks, in some places (not all,) but you cannot exchange TS for CS.

Sorry!

You can't exchange CS for TS, but I have heard of it working where you can exchange TS for CS. It's a really poor use of credits, value wise, but if you have the free dining plan anyway, it might be worth it to you on occasion. The thing is that I'm not sure it's something you can do all the time. From what I've heard, it's only something WDW implements during the Sept-Oct free dining period when TS establishments really overbook. So you can try it, maybe, but I wouldn't count on it, in case.

whitney37354
12-07-2009, 10:54 AM
If you look at the DDP PDF on WDW website, it says three meals per day for each nights stay. It doesn't say they have to be TS. Our plan is to use TS for breakfast & dinner & CS for lunch. There are also 2 snacks per day. We'll probably lose money on it, but I wanted flexibility to have more than one TS per day and still eat CS if/when we want.

KylesMom
12-07-2009, 11:22 AM
If you look at the DDP PDF on WDW website, it says three meals per day for each nights stay. It doesn't say they have to be TS.

Whitney, as Tess has the Free Dining, it will be the Standard Dining Plan - 1 CS, 1 TS, 1 Snack per day. The brochure you are speaking of is for the Deluxe Dining Plan.

BMan62
12-07-2009, 11:34 AM
I stand corrected...Sorry for the misinformation.

LoriSan
12-07-2009, 11:38 AM
I have been able to exchange a TS for a CS before, but only after all of the CS were used up. That was at Wolfgang Puck Express at DTD

mom2morgan
12-07-2009, 02:50 PM
Yes, they let us do that on our last day (we didn't make it to our reservation on time). And really, why wouldn't they? It means they are giving you a meal worth less than half the money of what you could have had! They told us you can ALWAYS downgrade - meaning you could use a CS for a snack, if you felt so moved.

KSS
12-08-2009, 08:44 AM
We just returned from our trip last week and we were able to exchange a TS for a CS.

whitney37354
12-14-2009, 04:28 PM
Whitney, as Tess has the Free Dining, it will be the Standard Dining Plan - 1 CS, 1 TS, 1 Snack per day. The brochure you are speaking of is for the Deluxe Dining Plan.

Gotcha.:mickey: We are on the DxDDP. All the D's are running together on me....

alaMode
12-14-2009, 06:32 PM
and we were able to exchange our last TS credits for a CS meal.

The cashier told us we had to ask her to do it because she wasn't allowed to just do the exchange automatically even though those were the only credits we had left!

Tess

PittFan
12-15-2009, 11:28 AM
YES. You can use TS for a CS but not the other way around. We did this several times in October when my DS was sick and we had to cancel 3 days of ADR's. We were stuck with TS meals and didn't want to spend the time we had left sitting in a restaurant for another TS meal when we could eat on the run and spend the time riding.