PDA

View Full Version : Disney Cabins

yjgirl32
12-05-2009, 09:02 PM
We are thinking of staying at the cabins in Oct of 2010. Any thoughts, concerns? There are 5 of us 4 adults and 1 child. Thanks for all your help.

ibrowse17
12-06-2009, 02:36 AM
Having stayed at FW many times in the past, last December was our first in a cabin. We loved it!!! You will have plenty of room for your size party, along with a good sized bathroom and full kitchen. I think you will find this a good chice, and hope you will enjoy them as much as we did:thumbsup:

wdw_bound
12-06-2009, 07:30 AM
We loved the cabins last year! We are two adults and two children (11 and 4). We loved the peace and quiet, the space and the Fort in general.

One thing we would do differently. We probably wouldn't get the dining plan again - we'd pay out of pocket for some meals and make better use of the kitchen. There is not a QS dining location at the Fort, so I can see where it would be inconvenient if you were not able to stock a few basics at the cabin (drinks, snacks and, for us, chicken nuggets and breakfast foods).

We drove, so our car was right outside for shopping trips and trips to parks other than MK. For MK, we used the internal bus to the marina and took the boat. If you had to rely solely on the internal bus system, I'd consider renting a golf cart for your length of stay. We got one for a day and it was great.

Have a wonderful trip! :mickey:

A Big Kid
12-06-2009, 09:11 AM
The only drawback was the one bathroom for 5 people (as opposed to a suite). But this can be overcome is one is inclined to take care of business at a comfort station if you are near a camping loop.

The fully stocked kitchen is nice especially if you have the occasion to partake of an adult beverage at the end of a long day,

teambricker04
12-06-2009, 09:59 PM
We love the cabins! We have two small boys and it is nice to put them to bed earlier and still plan out our next day. Also, it makes breakfast go so much faster and if you are inclined to make a few meals, it can save you money on food. FW has a campfire singalong and movie each night which is a TON of fun.

We stayed with 4 adults and 2 kids (my family and my parents) and it was tight, but not terrible. There wasn't much room to keep our luggage.

CU Tiger
12-07-2009, 12:57 PM
The FW cabins are GREAT!! :number1: We have stayed there each of the past five years and will be there again in three weeks. We usually have 5 to 6 people (3-4 adults, 2 kids) staying in one cabin. The bathroom is not as much an issue as the cloths storage. There is only one small hanging closet and one dresser. Utilize the storage under the windows and maybe part of the pantry if needed. Staying in the cabins can also save money. Since you can easily eat in them, you may want to forgo the breakfast portion of the dining plan or you can reduce the times you have to eat out if not on the plan. You will love it!:thumbsup::mickey:

Goes4FastPass
12-07-2009, 02:36 PM
We enjoyed the cabins and as long as our little guy is little we'll be "cabin people"

Considerations:
Sleeping Configuration:
Bedroom is double bed and a bunk bed that is 2 for real twin beds
Other bed is a double murphy bed in the living room that is really entirely OK for a couple - it goes up or down in 5 seconds but it IS in the living room.

If you are couple 1 dbed with child in lower bunk and couple 2 in LR you're good or one of the other adults could sleep in BR top bunk.

also

You'll need to really (really) consider renting a golf cart we decided we were doing enough walking inside the theme parks.

Pics from our Oct09 cabin stay are here (http://www.gregcable.com/disneyoct09cabin/)