PDA

View Full Version : Around the World in "THREE" days trip report last day and final thoughts

luvDaMouse
12-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Trip 10-29 thru 11-2
Staying at SSR
Cast of characters
Me: Dana
DH: Tom
DD: Anna (birthday girl)
DD: Stephanie
DDBF: John

Last park day Sunday, this is going to be a marathon day trying to pack in a whole lot.
Up and out early to get to DHS for park opening. We got there and in through the gate and waited. Then waited again at the street for the park opening show. Ok, now the “walk” not “run” to Toy Story for fast passes. Anna and I went to Toy Story while the others went to TOT to get fast passes or to ride which ever would be faster. Then we met up at food stand down the street from TOT for some breakfast sandwiches I wanted to go to starring rolls but the others wanted egg sandwiches, so that’s what we got. After eating we headed to Rockin Roller Coaster and everyone rode twice (except me :ack:) I shopped a bit in the store. Then used our fast passes for Toy Story and got more fast passes for later. Stephanie and Johns car was not working the whole ride so they got to stay on and ride again. Then we headed to the stunt show. My DDBF John loves cars and motorcycles so he loved it. After the show we did Star Tours then headed out On our way out I realized we wouldnt be there to use our TSM fast passes so we found a family and gave them away :pixie:that was fun to do! We grabbed a bus and headed to the resort. We hopped off the bus and headed to the boat launch to DDD and did a little shopping and grabbed something to eat at Earl of Sandwich (always good) my DH was sooo looking forward to the holiday Sandwich that did not disappoint. (Turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce) Next we grabbed a bus back to the resort, dropped our bags, and grabbed another bus to head to DHS for Fantasmic. Now this is where the crazyness comes in. We had to walk very very fast cause we weren’t sure we would make it in time so we were moving! Got to the show with 5minutes to spare! We were seated all the way to the left up high. But we got to see it! Show over and we headed out in the crowd out of the park and walked along the waterway to Boardwalk ( I like this option not a bad walk at all) we moved a pretty good pace because we wanted to get to Epcot to see Illuminations. We got to the friendship boats that went to Epcot and hopped on that. (Timing was perfect as a boat was just coming in) Got to Epcot and walked around to Italy. (Steph and John wanted a bottle of wine to bring home for a gift so that’s why we went to Italy) They got their wine and we stood and waited right next to the bridge for Illuminations to start. Well, I found a new favorite place to watch! It was so nice NOT to have to fight to see over people like I always do (I am on the short side) when we watch in the front of the WS where it seems EVERYONE is. After the show we then walked around to the international gateway and walked back over to Boardwalk to go to ESPN. We had to wait about 20 minutes and were seated we ordered some tasty nachos and the kids got burgers a couple beers and settled in to watch some of the World Series!
That’s it!:whew: I could not believe what we accomplished this last day! We were bushed and grabbed a bus back to DDD to transfer to another bus to SSR and then crashed. I had considered going to the hot tub but I was too tired.

Final thoughts, although we enjoyed our quick trip with the kids I would probably NOT do It again. It just is crazy to try to cram so much in. I guess we tried to do too much. But we had fun. Never will I go to the Halloween party ON Halloween but I would definitely go to the Halloween party again. LOVED LOVED LOVED the Food and wine festival and would definitely do that again, but I will book early and try to get into Boardwalk or Beach Club resort. Liked the option of walking in between Epcot and DHS. Not a huge fan of SSR but only do to the fact of it just seems like a nice condo to me not a lot of “Disneyess” to it. Now I just have to plan my Thanksgiving/Christmas time trip so I can experience that season!
Thanks for reading!
Dana

mouseketeer mom
12-05-2009, 09:26 PM
That was a crazy day, I got tired just reading your report! You packed so much in, but I bet if you were to do another quickie trip like that, you would take it slower. I liked hearing what you thought about SSR. I have never heard of anyone who loved it yet.
Thanks Dana!~Lisa

KylesMom
12-05-2009, 09:30 PM
You sure crammed a lot in to your last day, Dana. Today sounds like a total success, being able to accomplish so much & see two different nighttime shows! Thanks for sharing your quick - but FUN - family trip with us!:mickey:

faline
12-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Whew! My feet are tired just reading about your day! What a lot you got done! I'm not sure I would attempt to do Fantasmic and Illuminations on the same night! Glad it worked out for you!

pdrlkr
12-13-2009, 11:37 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: