PDA

View Full Version : sending down a package v. garden grocer

dumbo_buddy
12-05-2009, 07:52 AM
hi all!

dh and i are going to the world the last week in january with our son who will be 7 months old at the time. (yes, we may be crazy but we need a vacation!)

for things like, diapers, wipes, breakfast and lunch items (oatmeal packets and pb&j sandwhiches), etc, is it better to ship the things down myself or should i just order them thru garden grocer?

i'm trying to think of what else i should ship down. my son is bf'd so i won't need formula or bottles.

thanks everyone :mickey:

BigRedDad
12-05-2009, 07:40 PM
A lot depends on how you are getting there. If you are flying SW, you can each take 2 suitcases. This would provide a large amount of room to pack it. If you are staying any where other than CSR, you can ship the diapers, wipes, etc down. CSR charges for packages.

Garden Grocer is definitely another option. You would just have to determine which is most cost effective for you. Although Garden Grocer's prices are not totally outrageous, shipping the items yourself may be cheaper.

tdk316
12-08-2009, 04:42 PM
Ship a box! I have a 5 month-old and a 2.5 year-old and I sent a box down via UPS for less than $30 and it was almost 40 lbs. worth of snacks, diapers, wipes, presents for the kids, formula, swim-diapers, etc... Totally worth IMHO it to not have to lug that stuff through the airport in addition to all of the other stuff!

KylesMom
12-08-2009, 04:59 PM
In all of the times that we've shipped a 25 lb box via FedEx 3-day down to our resort at Disney, we've never had a problem getting it when we checked in.

While I don't have first-hand experience with Garden Grocer, I have recently read some pretty horrendous service stories of folks who didn't receive what they ordered. With diapers, wipes & other supplies, that could be a BIG problem if garden grocer doesn't come through!

Dyanna
12-08-2009, 05:00 PM
When our daughter was 10 months old we had a 47 lb box shipped to our hotel for day of our arrival. (6 night stay) No problems at all. Checked in & asked for the box to be sent to our room. It was there within a 1/2 hour as it had all her food diapers etc in it that we did not bring with us. This way you know what you are getting & pack only what you want. The only thing we ended up coming home was 1 pk of diapers & wipes in our suitcases.