PDA

View Full Version : Days of Christmas vs. Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe

PrincessCathy
12-04-2009, 05:32 PM
Which has the best ornaments for personalization? Is the selection similar?

I've never been to Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe. I had planned for my arrival day to include a trip to DTD so that I could go to Days of Christmas to purchase some ornaments - and have them personalized.

I'm thinking about eliminating my trip to DTD and go to MK instead. BUT...if I can't get the ornaments I want I'll screw up the rest of the plans for the week because I'll have to make time to go to DTD.

WishingStar2006
12-04-2009, 06:27 PM
There is definitely more to choose from at DTD. This strore is easily 3X the size of the one at MK. But you may find exactly what you want at MK...depends on what you are looking for.

KylesMom
12-07-2009, 01:33 PM
We've found the selection of Disney ornaments for personalization to be much more extensive at DTD. We perused the selection at Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe first, and didn't really see anything different than what we had purchased the year before. We went to Days of Christmas and found the perfect ornament for the Disney artisans to customize. :mickey:

PrincessCathy
12-07-2009, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the information. I want to replace an anniversary ornament that we purchased when we went for our 5yr anniversary. It fell off the tree a couple of years ago and broke.

I also want to purchase some smaller ornaments to share with friends. My plan is to buy a package and ask for the individual ornaments to be personalized.

Looks like I'll be making a stop by DTD.

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-07-2009, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the information. I want to replace an anniversary ornament that we purchased when we went for our 5yr anniversary. It fell off the tree a couple of years ago and broke.

You will definately find one at the DTD Christmas store, we have a couple from there, and just love them on our :tree:

I also want to purchase some smaller ornaments to share with friends. My plan is to buy a package and ask for the individual ornaments to be personalized.

That is a perfect idea! They have the "mickey ears" ornaments in packages of all sizes (we have a package of 4 that we got personalized) and a package of 15 that we didn't. Just be sure to go early in your trip, in case they are busy and you have to wait a few days to get the personalized ones back!

MinnieMommie
12-20-2009, 07:21 AM
While I love both shops there is no comparison between the two as far as volume is concerned. You will find much more at DTD. it is a great shop and much bigger than the one in MK. I make a point to visit each trip - one of my favorite stops. :ornament:

DDuck66
12-28-2009, 11:47 AM
Definatley listen to the above poster about going early..we went in October and the wait time was over 5 days...let us know how it turned out.