PDA

View Full Version : Free disney dining plan

almccart
12-03-2009, 06:43 PM
Do you think Disney will offer the free Disney Dining plan in 2010? If so what months?

Strmchsr
12-03-2009, 07:08 PM
No way to know. It will all depend on the economy and how badly they need to book rooms. If they follow their pattern of the last 4-5 years it'll be late August through September. Last year and this year they extended it, but don't count on that again. They also seem to be (as seen in the winter offering this year) going to a tiered system of "free" dining being counter service for value resorts and regular for moderate and deluxe. We'll see if that's the card they play again next September.

sisterdisco
12-03-2009, 08:06 PM
What I would expect, is that they will run the promotion that brought in the highest amount of people and the highest spending per person....

I don't know if that was buy 4 get 7 or free dining.

I would expect that one of those 2 promotions would be the one that they run most of 2010.

I think that travel is still significantly down...

BMan62
12-03-2009, 09:49 PM
All I can say is that the bounceback offer we got when we were down in September (at Pop) was for this coming September and was for the standard DDP free. Don't know if this will be a/the general offer for next September or not though.

DisneyFr33k
12-04-2009, 08:45 AM
Over the years, we've always heard that September was the free dining plan month. We always go in October. This year we were thrilled to get an offer for free dining during our October trip!

As the posts above state - you never know what Disney will do.

comicguy
12-04-2009, 05:11 PM
When we at WDW last Aug(09). we got a bounceback offer for next Aug(10) with free DDP(regular), of course we booked as the cost of the trip was was about 100 dollars cheaper.

So I would say that they would offer the Free DDP again from mid Aug to mid Oct again (IMHO)