PDA

View Full Version : Help us do our planning!

debandbub
12-03-2009, 06:36 PM
Obsessive planner here- guilty as charged.:blush: OK- so now I'm going to have a little fun- relax a bit and ask- how about all you wonderful Intercotees help plan my next vacation? You in??

First things first- when to go-- options with pros/cons-

Sept 2010-
PRO- We really LOVE the heat (check out my location, you'll understand why), you can usually go for pretty cheap (relatively speaking) low crowd level, it's the soonest date option for us!
CON- nothing "special" going on at that time. (we don't eat enough to do the DP, so Free DP isn't an appeal for us)
OCT/NOV 2010-
PRO- We LOVE the F&W Festival, our "anniversary" that we celebrate is 11/8.
CON- Weather is "iffier", I think it may be a little more crowded-would need help picking the "right" week
DEC 2010- (early in the month)
PRO- Holiday decorations!, our birthdays are 12/9 and 12/12;
CON- sooo far away!, weather REALLY iffy

Thanks in advance- I am looking forward to your input! Other questions I will follow up with include stuff like where to stay, what to do, any tours to go on...etc, so get busy planning! :)

faline
12-03-2009, 07:16 PM
Tough options - I like all three time frames you lay out. Mickey's Not So Scary starts pretty early in September. That would be another + (at least in my book) for going at that point in time. Weather can be iffy at this time either as you are still in hurricane season and can also be hit with tropical storms.

I'm a big fan of the holiday decorations but you are right that the weather is rather iffy at that point in time.

The Food & Wine festival is okay - not a favorite of mine though I do like the entertainment and the availability of cooking demonstrations. Personally, though, I'd favor the Flower & Garden show in the spring over this event.

Personally, though, I'd probably pick the Christmas holiday time.

Strmchsr
12-03-2009, 07:17 PM
I think you've got the pros and cons pretty well laid out. The only thing I would add would be September/October being peak hurricane season is definitely a con as that can seriously disrupt your trip. So, if you choose then be sure to check out the WDW hurricane policy and consider trip insurance. Crowds aren't bad in September at all unless you're trying to dine, which you said you aren't.

Another con would be crowds in December are significantly larger than they used to be. A few years ago the first couple of weeks of December were deserted. Definitely not the case any longer. So, out of your choices, Sept would have the lowest crowds, but early Nov wouldn't be far behind in terms of crowds and you'd still get to see some (or most) of the Christmas decorations if you went the second week of November.

As far as a pro - for September you forgot the MNSSHP starts in September and that's a blast for adults and kids. I like it a lot better than the MVMCP.