PDA

View Full Version : Where is your favorite place to eat @ the Contemporary & why?

Dyanna
12-03-2009, 01:10 PM
Planning on taking our next trip Jan 2011 & staying at our newly purchased DVC at BLT. As never staying at the Contemporary we have no idea what to expect food wise so I figured this would be the best way to find out.

Mysttree
12-03-2009, 02:18 PM
We LOVE California Grill- Great view & wonderful food & wine selection. THat being said- this is not an everyday food selection. But well worth it for one really special meal. :cloud9:

SBETigg
12-03-2009, 03:46 PM
We LOVE California Grill- Great view & wonderful food & wine selection. THat being said- this is not an everyday food selection. But well worth it for one really special meal. :cloud9:

I agree. California Grill is what brings us to the Contemporary and it's the only Contemporary restaurant I have dined in for many years, so I'm not the best authority. Chef Mickey's is not for us (we're not fans of noise or buffets). The Wave gets mixed reviews at best. And I've never thought about their counter service options.

PlutoPlanet
12-04-2009, 12:14 PM
I was pleasantly surprised by The Wave. They had Filet Mignon and a few other nice choices. I would not travel a distance to eat at the Wave, but I'd go there again if we stayed nearby.

Disnamic Duo
12-04-2009, 03:30 PM
We ate at The Wave a couple weeks ago, and we really liked it a LOT. It was one of our better meals for the week, and reasonably priced. I liked it better than some of the "2-credit" type restaurants we ate at. I had the pork tenderloin (delicious), and my wife had the chicken (liked it a lot). We've eaten at CG and it's definately excellent, but MUCH more expensive. I'd highly recommend The Wave.

tdk316
12-04-2009, 03:47 PM
California Grill - is there anyplace else? :) This is a favorite of ours and we try to make it there every trip!

wildernesslady
12-05-2009, 05:01 PM
California Grill is excellent. The quick service option is very good also if you don't want to do a sit down. Enjoy.

mouseketeer mom
12-05-2009, 09:37 PM
Well, we were a fan of the Concourse steakhouse, but, sigh, that is no longer an option...
I can tell you we really disliked the Wave. Indeed it is the only restaurant on Disney property that we said we would never return to, and picky people we are not. We enjoy both Chef Mickeys and Cali Grill. Chef Mickeys because its classic Disney. An original, the characters, the energy, the monorail up above. Cali Grill because of the amazing views, food and service.

lockedoutlogic
12-06-2009, 08:16 AM
We have actually eaten at all the Contemporary restaurants within the last year and here's what i'll say:

The Wave was extremely bad....it's pretty much off our list indefinitely

Chef Mickey's has declined....it's always been a kiddie character factory...but the food quality significantly

Cali Gril is still top notch...but honestly, not my favorite signature

DisneyBarb
12-07-2009, 10:27 AM
We had Chef Mickeys for breakfast in November.. it was standard buffet and was fine.. I miss the Concourse. Remember you are only 2 monorail stops from Ohanas and Kona at the Poly..