PDA

View Full Version : The Fab 4 Female Vetrens "Day1 & Day 2"Nov 17-28 '09

mickeymousedabomb
12-02-2009, 11:34 PM
So here is the start of our trip report. Our cast consists of:
Me:Mickeymousedabomb(Marcy 30's:blush:)
Grammie:Mickeydream(Linda 50ish:secret:)
DD1:Katina(13:princess:)
DD2:AJ(7:princess:)

Nov17-Leaving NY

Okay so anxiously awating the wake up at 4am:alarm: to shower pack the car, I was raring to go! I then get the girls up and moving and we're on the road by 5:15. Very good timing on our part. Grammie drives first and the girls and I fall back asleep. Our plan is to get to Pooler GA and stop for the night. We have an uneventful drive from New York State(I88 to I81to I64 then pick up I95 around Richmond VA) We stop for lunch at South of the Border so the girls can at least say they've been there done that. It was like a ghost town there. We end up stopping just north of Pooler about 20 min and stay over night in Rocky Mount NC. We are on the road by 7:30am the next morning and successfully drive to WDW!!

Nov 18-Arrival/Mini Golf/Dinner at 1900PF

It was around 12:30 that we were checking in at POP Century! I had done the on line check in prior to leaving. There were no lines anywhere at the front desks. It took tops 10 minutes and off we went. So we find out that we will be staying in the 50's building (Tramp & Bowling pins) in room 3116. I asked for a ground floor and they had no problem giving us one. We were right around the corner from the bowling pin pool and the laundry facility. We were very pleased where we were located and walking distance was aprox 3 minutes from our door to Everything POP. So we settled into our room, had a little lunch at the food court and hopped on a bus to play mini golf at WinterSummerLand, our 1st time at this in WDW. We had a fun time doing that and we really liked the theming of the course. We had dinner ressies for 6:40 at 1900PF at the Grand Floridian. So we got onto a Magic Kingdom bus and proceded to the monorail to get to the resort. This was a first for us all to eat here at 1900 and we were quite pleased. The buffet was very good and plenty of selections were offered. We saw here, Anastasia, Drizella, Step-Mother, Cinderella and Prince Charming. Character interaction was good and we took nice pictures here. Overall, I rate this dining expierence, a 9. After dinner we go back to Pop, knowing we have an early wake up call..........5:30am:alarm: !!

Next up is MK/ DD2's 7th B-day/MSB/Plaza Restaraunt/Cindy's Table!

vizsla
12-03-2009, 05:14 AM
Thanks for the report.

faline
12-03-2009, 09:26 AM
The step-sisters are a real hoot! Fun way to begin your trip!

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-03-2009, 10:40 AM
Thanks for posting

pdrlkr
12-04-2009, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the Report! :tink: :tree:

KylesMom
12-04-2009, 10:48 PM
I'm glad your drive was uneventful and that you were given the ground location you requested. Wow, you must have had a great experience at PF - a 9! :thumbsup: Looking forward to more reports. Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

BigRedDad
12-05-2009, 07:55 PM
Great report.

I just have a question and I think it is just confusion. I am not trying to sound negative, but it may come out that way. I am just trying to get information because Rocky Mount is only 30 minutes from me and I have not driven to WDW.

You stopped at South of the Border for lunch, but stayed in Rocky Mount, NC just outside Pooler, Ga. The two locations are not even close to each other. Unless you are really flying down I95, there is no way to get from Rocky Mount to Orlando in 5 hours.

Was there somewhere else you stayed over night in SC or GA? I just want to know if there is a short cut I am missing.

Please do not take this as a flame or anything. I am just trying to understand if I decide to make the drive with my 4yo DD.

Mickeydream
12-07-2009, 09:35 PM
Hi Big Red,

I am the Grammie part of the Fab 4 Veterans. I can see why there were some questions!! :confused: We stayed at Rocky Mount on the way home not on the way to WDW. We stopped at South of the Border for dinner, not lunch, and stayed in Ridgeland, SC for the night. Ridgeland is about 5 hrs from WDW.

I think my my DD rushed with her trip report (and therefore had some time and locale errors) in her enthusiasm to share our trip.
Sorry for the confusion. :mickey:

BluewaterBrad
12-09-2009, 03:30 PM
Great start!! Looking forward to hearing more!!:mickey:

Cindysprince
12-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Thank you for clearing that up, I was scratching my head over that. :confused: Glad your trip down went smoothly.

mickeymousedabomb
12-16-2009, 05:09 PM
Looks like I got my facts mixed up. Glad that Mickeydream (Grammie) corrected my goof. :blush: