PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express

SAnderson70769
12-02-2009, 06:26 PM
I'm a WDW veteran but just planned a spur of the moment trip for myself and my 6 yr old daughter and got cheap plane fares, passholder rates on POP for Dec 16th. We have ALWAYS rented a car in our many, many trips - have rarely only used the buses and monorail - please someone tell me that I'm not going to hate Magical Express getting to and from WDW and then relying on transportation - any thoughts from you NON-rental car folks or people that have experienced both?

Strmchsr
12-02-2009, 06:55 PM
I've done it both ways. I probably prefer my own car, but Magical Express is not bad at all and the WDW buses generally aren't too bad either. Certainly standing up on a bus is not as nice as getting in your own car to drive back to your room, but it's also nice not to worry about traffic or directions. You won't hate it at all. Just relax and enjoy it. :mickey:

BigRedDad
12-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Going on vacation for me is not having to drive. At least I can play that card for this next trip. After that one, I will probably be driving down.

Personally, I have no issue at all with the transportation. It is extremely efficient. There are little waits under most circumstances. If you are use to a car, prepare yourself with some delays you are not use to. This will keep your expectations in check.

faline
12-02-2009, 08:06 PM
I've driven to Disney World; I've flown and taken Mears shuttle (pre-Magical Express); I've flown and rented a car; I've flown and used a car service; I've flown and used Magical Express. In terms of convenience, I'd select:

1. Car service, like Quicksilver from the airport (pure luxury in my opinion)
2. Rental Car (Convenient but means I have to drive)
2. Magical Express (Free and works well but can be variable in experience)
3. Driving myself (only because my arrival comes after 24-27 hours on the road)
4. Mears Shuttle - crowded and inconvenient

I think it will be fine. Go with your "this is an adventure" hat on and don't worry if it takes a little longer than your expect - you'll still fun!

1goofyfamily
12-03-2009, 11:40 AM
we've used the magical express a few times now and we really like it...we used to have tiffany towncars pick us up drop us off at hotel and then rely on Disney transportation. mainly like not having to hassle with our bags and the price isn't too bad either plus Disney transportation is not that bad. Got our yellow tags on our bags right now....just wish today was Saturday so we'd be there already.

BraddyB
12-03-2009, 12:58 PM
I like it, its nice not worrying about driving or sitting in traffic behind the wheel. I do enough of that on my daily commute to work. Magical Express from the airport seems to run pretty smooth.

The Resort Buses to the park arent too bad. They can be crowded at park closing or right after fireworks. I am not much of a bus person, refuse to ride one at work, but at Disney I will take the bus with a smile.

MinnieMommie
12-03-2009, 07:10 PM
I have done both and must honestly say I way prefer to have my own car rental. That being said, magical express is nice and clean and the luggage perk is a nice one. I'm not a big fan of the buses though. Don't like using them to get to the parks or for dining reservations, to DD, to water parks and to resorts (from a resort). I prefer to get in the car and drive to where I want and leave when I want. I make a better use of time with my own car. :mickey:

comicguy
12-04-2009, 05:19 PM
We have used Tiffant Towncar from airport to WDW and back, but started to use DME when that became an option.

We do like it for the most part:

Pros:
1)Free
2)Don't have to deal with my luggage
3)Don't have to drive
4)Nice relaxing video to get in the "mood"

Cons:
1)Sometimes have to wait up to 30 minutes to depart from the airport as they fill the bus.
2)You may have to wait up to 3 hours for your luggage to arrive.