PDA

View Full Version : My Pincode - A sad story...

Buttercup
12-02-2009, 05:05 PM
I got the mail today and guess what I found in there? An envelope from Disney with a pincode for up to 40% off! Perfect - considering we're going in February and it falls right within the dates on the flyer.

But there was one slight problem. The package was addressed to my sister's name... at my address! Strange because my sister has never lived here with me. I figured it was a mistake from years ago when we travelled to WDW together. They must have plopped her at my address in their system.

Anyway, I called to see if the pincode could be applied to our reservation. :( Apparently the pincodes are only valid for the PERSON addressed on the envelope, not the address itself. So I'm out of luck. I kind-of thought they would have given me the discount anyway since it was their administrative error that put my sister at this address. But no deal.

GAH! I had already started planning how to spend all that extra money we would have saved!

KathyMO
12-02-2009, 05:40 PM
I would call and see if another cast member can get it approved for you to use the pin code since it was sent to your address. I received a pin code a couple of years ago that was to my address with a person's name that use to live at my address before we bought the house. I called and after several minutes of the cast-member checking and getting approval they let me us the pin code because it was sent to my address. I guess it just depends on which cast-member you talk to and how far they are will to go to see if they can get it approved.

Kathy

SAnderson70769
12-02-2009, 05:47 PM
Same thing happened to me with a great ending! PIN code was delived to MY address with my mom's name on it (since she has been to Disney with us several times) - after talking to a couple of different castmembers, they let us use the discount!

Buttercup
12-02-2009, 05:54 PM
Really? Okay I'll try again and hopefully get someone else! Wish me luck!:fingers:

BluewaterBrad
12-02-2009, 06:02 PM
Good luck!!:mickey:

gerald72
12-02-2009, 06:09 PM
Let us know how it turns out!

Buttercup
12-02-2009, 06:21 PM
WHEE!!! I got a different girl on the phone and SHE GAVE IT TO ME! 40% off!
Thanks everybody for encouraging me to call back!
:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-02-2009, 06:51 PM
Lucky! We also received a pin code in the mail, addressed to our address, but for someone who must have lived here at least two families ago :confused:

Belster
12-02-2009, 09:17 PM
This same thing happends to me every year...and I am told the same thing you are. I am always the planner so I get pin codes for my best friend, my mom, my mother-in-law ...ect. Last year I convinced my mom to go with us so that we could use it...lol.

You never know a better deal could come around that you can use. :mickey:

KylesMom
12-03-2009, 10:18 AM
That is excellent - congratulations.

Hmmm - now, what to do with that extra cash?! :mickey:

1goofyfamily
12-03-2009, 11:33 AM
we get those a lot too...our friend went with us 8 years ago and I get Disney things addressed to him at least once or twice a year

mom2morgan
12-03-2009, 07:52 PM
Thanks everybody for encouraging me to call back!
:mickey:

Fantastic!! That's a really "magical" ending :-)

wildernesslady
12-05-2009, 05:05 PM
Congrats. That's great to know. We got a pin awhile back for my son-in-law but never used it. I didn't think we could. Good to know for the future.

beksy
12-05-2009, 10:22 PM
Congratulations! It's always fun to think of ways to use that extra money! I have things sent to me at 3 different addresses but I've never gotten one in anyone else's. I always go with my sister so maybe I should start signing her up for more stuff!