PDA

View Full Version : Dining Review: Boma

Mr.K
12-02-2009, 03:01 PM
Last week we ate another meal at Boma, and here is my review.

We loved Boma!

We were a group of 17, and the staff at Boma handled us fabulously.

Initially, I could not make a reservation for all 17 of us at one sitting, but had two seperate ressies, 20 minutes apart. We got to Boma around the time of the first reservation and asked if they could get us combined and they did, seating us all right away. Two tables, but right next to each other, and at the same time.

The food was great. Great meat selection and lots of unusual and tasty foods too. I tired the roast beef and the pecan-encrusted salmon - both were excellent. The soups, salads and sides were really nice. Lots of unusual items, like fufu, watermelon rind salad, and cous cous dishes, but they also had many familiar options for those less adventurous and solid kid favorites too.

Very nice selection of hummus - 4 different kinds with a great middle eastern crisp bread and pita wedges to spread them on.

We were disappointed to discover they have a rotating menu of soups. Having been here on a previous Disney trip, we were all looking forward to the squash soup, which is to die for, but instead they had different soups this evening, which were all very good (although the carrot-ginger soup seemed overly sweet to me - more like a dessert, but still good).

We loved the dessert section. One nice touch is that many of the desserts are small, bite sized, like the zebra domes, making it easy to try lots of things without getting overly stuffed too quickly.

Our server was excellent, being prompt and attentive.

The atmosphere is a bit noisy, but this can be nice for those of us with kids, and the decor is great. Very fun design of everything from the tables to the artwork.

Big thumbs up for Boma! It has got to be the best buffet at DisneyWorld.

BluewaterBrad
12-02-2009, 03:30 PM
Thanks for sharing Mr. K!:mickey:

vicster
12-02-2009, 03:40 PM
Boma has become my favorite restaurant at WDW!!!

1goofyfamily
12-02-2009, 05:40 PM
Can't wait to eat there next week

Kenny1113
12-02-2009, 07:04 PM
:
Boma has become my favorite restaurant at WDW!!!

:ditto:

Gator
12-02-2009, 09:05 PM
Can't wait to eat there next week

Can't wait to eat there next month. You make me want it even more.

ThanxForNoticin
12-03-2009, 12:05 PM
My wife and I have done Boma with just the two of us - we have also done it with a family group of 21. We loved Boma in both those situations. The food and service are just terrific. We get back there as often as we can!

NJGIRL
12-03-2009, 01:02 PM
I like BOMA because it's a nice buffet without the characters. My son & nephews have outgrown characters and give me a hard time if I try to make ADR's for character meals.

SBETigg
12-03-2009, 01:09 PM
We love Boma, too. You made me wish I was there now. Yum!

Gregandmel
12-03-2009, 01:33 PM
We'll be trying it the very first time at the end of April and are very excited. Thanks for sharing your review!!

PlutoPlanet
12-04-2009, 12:21 PM
We agree. Boma is the best buffet in the world. Don't they have a 4 day menu rotation? So, Monday and Thursday may have the same menu.

pdrlkr
12-04-2009, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the Review! :eat:

beksy
12-05-2009, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the review--really makes me wish I could convince my mom and sister to give it a try.