PDA

View Full Version : Air mattress at pop?

hope23
12-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Wondering how well an air mattress would fit in a room at POP? We have to do a room with 2double beds and either need to add 2 twin mattresses or 1 queen mattress... would either of these work? Thanks!

Scott C
12-02-2009, 12:51 PM
We did that in '07 -- made it pretty tight but doable. Our mattress was twin sized. I doubt that a queen or two twins would work though

Thanks
Scott C

BigRedDad
12-02-2009, 01:00 PM
It is an awfully tight squeeze. There is no way a queen one would fit. Two twins may fit with one in the walkway and the other going to the sink area. It would make moving around at all a pain.

Disneymom4ever
12-02-2009, 01:57 PM
We've actually stayed not at Pop, but at All Stars Movies, and Sports as well. I'm assuming they are similar in size, all being values. Both times we had 2 Queen air mattresses in our room, believe it or not. We just moved the table down, and they both fit fine. Not a lot of walking space, but we put them down at bedtime, so not a big deal. We have 2 teenage boys, so sharing beds is not an option for us. :mickey:

thrillme
12-02-2009, 02:00 PM
I guess I just really don't think the POP rooms are all THAT small. I could see twins being better than a queen.

I guess I've just been "deprived" in my life. a hotel room is just a hotel room...a place to sleep and shower. I really don't need a lot of room. My friend stayed at CBR and they had the raised queen air bed in their room. They just put it by the door at night (once everyone is in the room what you you need the front door for anyway) and during the day they stood it upright so it was out of the way. I could see this at POP too.

The rooms have a table and chairs. I wonder if you could ask housekeeping to remove these. Then you'll have PLENTY of room.

I know in the old days when we went to the coast everybody had sleeping bags and we'd sleep on the floor (we could squeeze as many as 10 in a small room)...sure you'd step on a person or two sometimes but...well it wasn't that big of a deal.

Of course Disney would probably get a bit annoyed at that because of regulations...etc...but it was part of the fun.

BMan62
12-02-2009, 02:08 PM
How many people are you trying to fit in one room? Pop has a max. occupancy rate of 4 people.

hope23
12-02-2009, 02:56 PM
Thanks for all your great thoughts. There are just 4 of us, but we have big boys who "need their space" :mickey:

thrillme
12-02-2009, 03:22 PM
I know I TOTALLY understand. We're thinking of POSSIBLY going this summer but I'm not sure yet. At home my husband and I sleep in a king. We're thinking that we might try driving for a change thus perhaps inviting along an extra teenager for my son.

I really can't imagine sleeping in a double bed and being comfortable. The boys...uh...nah... that's not going to be comfy. Now my husband I and can easily do a queen. But the boys will STILL be more comfortable in separate beds. I still hold that the POP has PLENTY of room for two queens.

I don't like CSR and I really can't afford the deluxe. I kinda have a hard time justifying the more expensive resorts period. I can't stand to go on vacation and be in a room.

Sigh...I wish Disney would go all queens or come up with a "stateroom" style with 1 Queen an perhaps a bunk bed. Wouldn't that be sweet. Mom and Dad take the queen and the other two room inhabitants (most commonly kids...) can take the bunk. They could perhaps even make the "bunk" a "futon" styled bunk for those parents with small kids who they didn't want on top. I'm sure it happens where "couples" share a room with other "couples" but somehow I just don't think that's massively "common"...couple with couple would still be able to manage by pulling out the "futon"...if they HAD to sleep together.

They'd probably have about the same amount of room.

I think my idea is BRILLIANT. of course too...I'd change disney hours in the summer to 10 am to 2 am (4 am for Disney resort guests)...so that we wouldn't have to be out in that EVIL sun.

TammiMcMan
12-02-2009, 04:14 PM
We've actually stayed not at Pop, but at All Stars Movies, and Sports as well. I'm assuming they are similar in size, all being values. Both times we had 2 Queen air mattresses in our room, believe it or not. We just moved the table down, and they both fit fine.I might be mistaken, but I think the difference with the Pop is that the furniture is set in a way that it can't be moved around to free up floor space.

Emme&TeddysMommy
12-02-2009, 04:22 PM
I really can't imagine sleeping in a double bed and being comfortable. The boys...uh...nah... that's not going to be comfy. Now my husband I and can easily do a queen. But the boys will STILL be more comfortable in separate beds. I still hold that the POP has PLENTY of room for two queens.

I don't like CSR and I really can't afford the deluxe. I kinda have a hard time justifying the more expensive resorts period. I can't stand to go on vacation and be in a room.

Sigh...I wish Disney would go all queens or come up with a "stateroom" style with 1 Queen an perhaps a bunk bed. Wouldn't that be sweet. Mom and Dad take the queen and the other two room inhabitants (most commonly kids...) can take the bunk. They could perhaps even make the "bunk" a "futon" styled bunk for those parents with small kids who they didn't want on top. I'm sure it happens where "couples" share a room with other "couples" but somehow I just don't think that's massively "common"...couple with couple would still be able to manage by pulling out the "futon"...if they HAD to sleep together.

They'd probably have about the same amount of room.

I think my idea is BRILLIANT. of course too...I'd change disney hours in the summer to 10 am to 2 am (4 am for Disney resort guests)...so that we wouldn't have to be out in that EVIL sun.

I like your IDEA!!!!! that would make vacation and sleeping arrangements so much more comfortable.

TammiMcMan
12-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Sigh...I wish Disney would go all queens or come up with a "stateroom" style with 1 Queen an perhaps a bunk bed. Wouldn't that be sweet. Mom and Dad take the queen and the other two room inhabitants (most commonly kids...) can take the bunk.Unfortunately, I don't think this is a bedding arrangement you'll find in a "value" resort. Disney has those types of room on site, but they'd like you to pay another $150 per night for them ;) . Keeping the value rooms as simple as possible, probably translates to keeping the price low and their room maintenance budget low.