PDA

View Full Version : 2 Weeks to go with a 10 week old

passholderryan
12-02-2009, 09:45 AM
Well my wife and I will be there in two weeks for the first time with our first child. He will be 10 weeks old. I know some might be saying this is crazy, but we have a somewhat plan in place. Both sets of our parents are going. We are all staying at CSR. We are regular travelers to the World (ususally every 5-6 weeks). We are only about a 2 1/2 hour drive from Ft. Lauderdale, so the drive should be pretty easy with him.
When my wife and I travel its pretty simple. A couple of changes of clothes, extra shoes and cooler full of all types of beverages. This time around, there is so much more to consider and necessary. We will be bringing our own stroller (Chicco brand, its got a bunch of cup holders!!!), our own pack-and-play, and all the stuff our son will need.
For those that have taken their yound children, do you have any suggestions on things that made it easier. Even if we don't get him into a park (the grandparents can't wait to watch him), I'll take any suggestions. I've always felt like a Disney Pro, having been there approximately 150 times, but this will be different. This is an exciting new time in our lives, even though it will be a couple of years until he actually knows whats going on.
We will be there the 16th-18th and plan on being is Epcot WS the 17th to catch the British Invasion and Off Kilter. Swing on by, grab a beer and meet my wife, son and I. I'll be the one wearing 3 lanyards of Disney Pins.

princessgirls
12-02-2009, 10:41 AM
I think it will be a good time for you guys! IMO, any travel before the jar food stage is easy, and after is easier...
The jar food stage makes travel harder and more items to bring.

Enjoy your trip!

Julie:mickey:

clausjo
12-02-2009, 11:34 AM
I think that as long as you try to "go with the flow" and don't overplan, you'll be good. Although we didn't take our son until he as 15 months, we went many times after my daughter was born with both of them. Just play it by ear and enjoy!

BTW - we're very close to you, in Sunrise! :)

faline
12-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Have a great time! :mickey:

KylesMom
12-03-2009, 02:11 PM
This will certainly be one of the trips that you'll remember most. It's wonderful that you will have extended family with you to share the special moments with! :mickey:

Belster
12-03-2009, 05:59 PM
I am such a fan of taking kids at all ages...so good for you. Having kids and allowing them to emjoy what you do...can make for many fun memories.

I think you are on the right track...great job bringing the DGP'S with, they will help a bunch!!!

pdrlkr
12-04-2009, 12:47 PM
Have a Magical Vacation! :tink: :tree: