PDA

View Full Version : Taking the train?

BriarRose0708
12-02-2009, 09:45 AM
Hi friends, just a quick question here. My dad and step-mom are planning a trip in April but they want to take the train from NY into Orlando. Has anyone done this before? Where is the train station and how far is it from WDW? Thank you!:train:

Black Jack Shallack from Frontenac
12-02-2009, 10:29 AM
I know there is a service to put your car on a train,
and ride in another wagon, from DC to Orlando.

c&d
12-02-2009, 10:31 AM
I think it's about 20 minutes. We picked up my Dad there one time and it was a short drive back to Disney.

faline
12-02-2009, 11:39 AM
This (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=161548&highlight=train) might help.

Dznygrl79
12-02-2009, 11:47 AM
I have taken the ride from Delaware to Orlando on the train its a bit long but it can be fun. I prefer the it to flying but thats a personal choice. First you should find where you are staying and determin if the Orlando or Kissimmee Station is closer to your hotel.
Also unless you have a sleeper car I would reccomend bringing your own blanket. I also bring a cooler of drinks and snacks as they can get very expensive on the train. Have a good trip.

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-02-2009, 06:56 PM
We've done the Autotrain from DC to Orlando a couple of times, and we love it. If possible, I would recommend driving to DC and then taking the Autotrain. You have the advantage of having your car with you, and being able to take as much stuff as you want with you.

We always pay for sleeper class, with a "real" bedroom, and think that it is well worth the money. We get a great dinner included, snacks, drinks, etc. The train only makes 1 stop (around midnight), so there isn't the problem of a lot of starts and stops.

We love the autotrain and wouldn't go any other way! :train:

BriarRose0708
12-02-2009, 09:24 PM
Thanks for all the tips! My parents prefer the train to flying (my step-mom took the train to Arizona and back!) they just have never done NY to Orlando before. I am sure they will go for the sleeper car and they have a couple vouchers. I will have to let them know there's a station in Orlando and Kissimee. They don't know where they're staying yet but I am sure this will work out well for them. Thanks again!