PDA

View Full Version : Taking Pictures of Illumonations and Wishes

BigRedDad
12-02-2009, 09:28 AM
Not sure where to post this. Searching for picture and fireworks is not too convenient on the threads.

The last two times down to WDW, I have only been able to see parts of Wishes twice. This next trip, I want to see Wishes and Illuminations at least once each. I also want to be able to take pictures.

My question is where are some good locations? I tried Wishes last time near Casey's, but people still crowd around and nearly knocked my camera down.

For the Magic Kingdom, I am thinking about the Train Depot near the exit. I can get high enough over the crowd to shoot Main Street, the Castle, and Wishes. I am just not sure if there are spots up there that can see the castle.

For Epcot, I will need to look for places that are more raised and away from people. I will also need to look for wind conditions.

If anyone has advice or tips on places to search for shooting, it will be much appreciated.

DizneyRox
12-02-2009, 12:11 PM
Good Luck. Any spot worthy of taking good pictures will be a madhouse of poeple with no respect for someone trying to get a good shot.

We got up on the train station once, had to stack out a spot about 4 hours early. We kicked people out that were croaching in on our space. I decided with that view, I wanted to see it live, not through a viewfinder.

tazlikesrobots
12-02-2009, 12:53 PM
There is a very good area at EPCOT near the pathway leading back to fountain of Nations. There are two small stores nearby and the area itself is slanted. You will want to be as close to the flower beds at the top of the slant. You will be above most everyone and get a fairly clear view.

Here are some pictures I took from that spot...

http://mysite.verizon.net/res008vc/Epcot/slides/DSC06139.JPG

http://mysite.verizon.net/res008vc/Epcot/slides/DSC06138.JPG

BigRedDad
12-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Good Luck. Any spot worthy of taking good pictures will be a madhouse of poeple with no respect for someone trying to get a good shot.

We got up on the train station once, had to stack out a spot about 4 hours early. We kicked people out that were croaching in on our space. I decided with that view, I wanted to see it live, not through a viewfinder.

I know what you are saying. Best places are right up against a railing some place where people cannot push in front of you. I will be keeping an eye out when we go to find decent spots.

Taz,
Great shots. I hope to get some good ones like that in March. I have a few from my Nov trip, but nothing that I have spent any time on.

tazlikesrobots
12-02-2009, 02:27 PM
Taz,
Great shots. I hope to get some good ones like that in March. I have a few from my Nov trip, but nothing that I have spent any time on.

Thanks! I had a great time expermenting with the camera. It was the first time I took a tripod to WDW and it paid off big time :)