PDA

View Full Version : Dining Review: T-Rex

Lakin
11-30-2009, 09:42 PM
The theming and staff were perfect. Not so much the food.

Theming
WOW!!! We were placed in the ice room and watching it change colors was absolutely amazing! The meteor shower was cool to watch. I loved the baby woolly mammoths and all the other dinosaurs. Very cool! I wish Disney would theme more of their restaurants like this one! WOW!!!

Atmosphere
A bit louder than I like, but, not so much to bug you. You have to yell in order to talk to the person next to you during the meteor shower.

Staff
Our waiter was great! Her name was Christina and we enjoyed having her. She was very friendly and new what she was talking about when introducing the menu. Was also quick to give refills and giving the bill. Our food was brought to our table in about 15 to 20 minutes - which is about average timing for restaurants like that. The staff members were all going around and wishing people happy birthday. They all seemed very nice.

Food
Well......

My mom and I ordered the Tar Pit Fried Shrimp. Mom said it was flavorless but filling and she pretty much spelled out my thoughts.

My sister, Julia, got the Rotisserie Chicken. She loved it! She made sure to eat every last bite. 2 thumbs up!

Dad had a salad as an appetizer and then has Lasagna. He didn't care for either. He ate it all, but he said he didn't want to eat it again.

Value
Too expensive for what you get.

Rating

mom2morgan
11-30-2009, 11:06 PM
Where is that located? is it new?

Tinkermom
12-01-2009, 09:29 AM
Where is that located? is it new?

T-Rex is located in Downtown Disney. It opened late last year.

beksy
12-01-2009, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the very detailed review! It sounds cool but we have so many other places to still try (and aren't big Dinosaur fans) so it'll be awhile till we get to it. I know I want the ice room though! :thumbsup:

DizneyRox
12-01-2009, 12:31 PM
I wish Disney would theme more of their restaurants like this one! WOW!!!

It's worth noting that T-Rex is not Disney Owned or Operated.

I wish Disney would theme ANY of their restaurants like this one!

Mysttree
12-01-2009, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the very helpful review! You did a great job of addressing the questions I had on this restuarant.
It seems to be on par with Rain forest Cafe in my mind.

BluewaterBrad
12-01-2009, 05:04 PM
Thanks for sharing!:mickey:

lighteningqueen
12-01-2009, 07:15 PM
Actually T-Rex is very good if you do not order weird stuff. We ordered the Nachos and they were huge for our dinner and the tomato basil soup is the best anywhere. Our Husbands got the chicken grilled sandwhich thing something and it was huge for 12.00 and more than they could eat and they eat alot. Its what you order.. I would think that Italian food wouldn't be good in a place like that or a fish meal of sorts. You haveto try it once to see what y9our taste are like. Actually they had better tasting food than some of our Disney ressies but that is IMHO... Look at their menu on line before you go and see if anything looks good and also you need pictures of some of the food. Some of the other boards have pictures I am not sure if this one does and if it does how do you pull it up...

SBETigg
12-01-2009, 07:21 PM
Look at their menu on line before you go and see if anything looks good and also you need pictures of some of the food. Some of the other boards have pictures I am not sure if this one does and if it does how do you pull it up...

Info Central: Dining : Food Photos (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/foodphotos/default.asp). There are currently no pictures of food from T.Rex, but there is Rainforest Cafe, which has some similar items (both Landry restaurants).

Lakin
12-01-2009, 09:06 PM
Actually T-Rex is very good if you do not order weird stuff. Look at their menu on line before you go and see if anything looks good and also you need pictures of some of the food.

I did look at the menus and our stuff wasn't really that weird. Shrimp, lasagna, and chicken.

lighteningqueen
12-01-2009, 10:46 PM
I know but lasagna is Italian, Shrimp is a fish place. Know what I mean they do not specialize in it. Your sister said the Chicken was good. See what I mean. I am not saying it should have been good no matter what, but usually those places are good at one thing or another. You can never tell. but I can tell you all the appetizers are huge and they are good enough to make a meal out of. But everything is overpriced there so if we want it we have to pay for it.. I would never have to pay the prices for things that are at Disney no matter what. Our best steak houses in Texas, steaks are on average 10-12 dollars with a salad and baked potato. Italian is about 6-10 for a good portion and good tasting Italian. etc etc

jensantuit
12-02-2009, 10:21 AM
Thank you for the review. We are eating here for the first time on Sunday. We can't wait to try it out. :mickey:

WishingStar2006
12-03-2009, 03:25 PM
We were just there and I had the T-Bone Steak which was just okay (the waffle fries are amazing though!!), my adult daughter had the steak sandwich and she liked it very much, my grandson had rib (they are St. Louis, not Baby Backs) and he enjoyed them as well. The place is much more fun than Rainforest and I liked the food better.

Scar
12-03-2009, 04:24 PM
I know but lasagna is Italian, Shrimp is a fish place. Know what I mean they do not specialize in it. Your sister said the Chicken was good.Yup. Whenever I'm in a generic restaurant (ie: not specialty or ethnic) for dinner, I almost always order chicken.

hannahandkalebmom
12-03-2009, 09:27 PM
We have ressies for our upcoming trip and you definately made me more excited for it. Thanks for your review!!

pdrlkr
12-04-2009, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the Review! :eat: