PDA

View Full Version : Recommended number of days at the parks for 2 adults.

Ryan Towle
11-30-2009, 11:43 AM
I'm planning a secret trip to WDW for next summer. We went this past August and only went to MK and the Studios. We were able, however, to do every single thing in the MK that day. We didn't miss a single attraction. I was just curious, if I buy park hoppers for us, how many days do you think it would take us to experience all 4 parks. I was thinking maybe 5? Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.

SBETigg
11-30-2009, 01:04 PM
Here's my personal bare minimum:

MK- Two full days
Epcot- Two full days
AK- One day
DHS- One day

We break it up into half days and hop from one to another (or from one to resort for a break to another). I could easily do more days at each park, so I prefer long vacations with some resort time factored in. If you're trying to optimize time, you could get away with less time at MK/Epcot and half days split between AK/DHS. But my preference is to go for a ten day stay and at least seven days as a minimum. Four-five days is certainly doable if that's all you have to spare, but you will probably be left wanting more.

Mrs Bus Driver
11-30-2009, 01:05 PM
You will find many opinions about this here, I think 5 days is plenty. MK and EPOCT need 1 to 2 days each, while DHS and AK can be done in 1 or less. Have fun :mickey:

scooterca42
11-30-2009, 01:10 PM
Well - there's a couple of different interpretations of 'do the parks'.

For Big D and I, we've been to the World three times and the most recent trip was also the longest (7 days!) - we did Park Hoppers with Water Park Fun and More added. We had lots of time in each park, and would have hit both waterparks instead of only one and Disneyquest if I hadn't gotten sick, but thinking back there were still many things we didn't do, mostly in Epcot. We only touched on Animal Kingdom, because we chose to ride the Safari twice - no lineup - and made a beeline for Dinosaur, but still didn't make it to Rafiki or to see Legend of the Lion King... missed stuff in MK (never got to visit the dolls!) and the Studios - missed out on the Movie Ride and Lights Motors Action...

Thing is, most of what we'd missed we'd done previously and - though we would have liked to do it again - we know we'll go back and have the opportunity in the future.

So Doing the Parks can be going on every ride in the big four, or Doing the Parks can mean taking your time and seeking out stuff you've never seen, like checking for times for more shows, trying the waterparks and the like - in addition to doing the rides you love in the parks.

As you've been there already, I'd agree five would be the minimum, but I'd suggest investigating the Water Park option as well - and if you do, add a couple days!

Count on two days for Epcot, and maybe more if you like it as much as we do. Animal Kingdom is very much a full day, now, there are plenty of things to do. That's three days full right off the bat!

Let us know what you decide - and how are you going to spring the surprise??

bruin1344
11-30-2009, 01:11 PM
Here's my personal bare minimum:

MK- Two full days
Epcot- Two full days
AK- One day
DHS- One day

We break it up into half days and hop from one to another (or from one to resort for a break to another). I could easily do more days at each park, so I prefer long vacations with some resort time factored in. If you're trying to optimize time, you could get away with less time at MK/Epcot and half days split between AK/DHS. But my preference is to go for a ten day stay and at least seven days as a minimum. Four-five days is certainly doable if that's all you have to spare, but you will probably be left wanting more.

i agree with pretty much everything.

TikiLounger
11-30-2009, 01:24 PM
My husband and I went without the kids back in September. I'd say 5 is good for two adults. We found we were able to see everything we wanted to see because we didn't have to try and please everyone. We knew what we wanted to see and were able to get to all the attractions that don't interest the kids. Even though they're older now (18 and 19) and we don't have to spend all our time with them when we travel together, it's still a very different experience when alone. I think you should be fine with 5 days.

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-30-2009, 01:54 PM
MK- Two full days
Epcot- Two full days
AK- One day
DHS- One day

:thumbsup: We could always spend more time in the parks, especially Epcot, but with the breakdown above, you'll have enough time to see each park.

2Epcot
11-30-2009, 02:08 PM
5 days is always are minimum number of days we do. Two days at Epcot, 1 day each at Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and the Studios. If we stay longer than that, we'll add another 1/2 day to the Magic Kingdom.

BigRedDad
11-30-2009, 02:45 PM
No one can give you a straight answer. Everyone has their opinion on what works for them. I would love to take a long trip just to explore resorts and not do the parks. There is so much that can be done outside the parks as well.

For me, I can do MK rides in a 1/2 day. Almost nothing in Fantasyland I would want to do without my DD. Much of Tomorrowland can be skipped. Frontierland has a few things. Now, if I add the shows, attractions, characters, this, that, and everything else, I could spend a week in MK alone taking it slow (as long as it is broken up with the other parks).

The best thing going as adults is you don't have to plan anything. You are not being pulled in different directions by kids. You may decide an hour into the MK that you really could go for a margarita watching the lagoon at Epcot.

Ryan Towle
12-02-2009, 09:35 AM
Thanks to everyone, you were all very helpful! I appreciate all the effort.

Touchdown
12-02-2009, 01:00 PM
We usually do 6.5 days. 2 at the MK, 2 at Epcot, .5 days at AK (morning.) 2 .5 days at MGM (night for Fantasmic) and .5 at the two water parks. This year when we go in May it will be

Day 1 (arrival)-Evening at MGM
Day 2-Blizzard Beach/Magic Kingdom
Day 3-Animal Kingdom/Typhoon Lagoon/night cap at MK (pretty much showing up for Spectro and Wishes and thats about it)
Day 4-Epcot
Day 5-MGM
Day 6-Magic Kingdom
Day 7-Epcot

If I was to condense it to 5 days I would personally do 2 at Epcot, 1 at MK, 1 day at MGM, .5 at AK and then for that night pick the either the MK or Studios based on what night show you want to see for a 2nd time (just be sure if its Fantasmic its showing that night.)

disneyers
12-04-2009, 03:13 PM
Just remember that's it's typically only $3 per day to add a day after you buy 5 days of tickets.

So if you are staying for 7 nights and want to buy 5 days of tickets, it will only cost about $12 more per person (or $24 more total for 2 adults in your case) to buy 8 days of tickets!

This applies to non park hopper days only. Park hopper costs more.