PDA

View Full Version : First week in December Pre trip report :)

Joannelet
11-30-2009, 08:16 AM
We are leaving tomorrow but I wanted to give a pre trip report to get it all started.
Its my DS who just turned 1 last weekend's 1st full week trip down to the world! We were there in July for my brother in laws Disney wedding but both my hubby and I were in the wedding so we didn't get to do any of the parks...except MK (and DS was only 7 months at the time)
But he loved it so we had it planned since he was born that we would go right after his 1st bday for the Christmas season.

We are driving so in the family van will be
My mom :director:
My Dad :elvis:
My DH :prince:
My DS :baby:
and Me! :princess:

This alone is going to be an adventure since we have so many things to fit in a small space.
My husband already made the announcement about a month ago to my mom that there is a rule of B.I.S at 6am Dec 1st. My mom was very confused as to what he meant but he clarified and now its become something that we say often...but it stands for butt in seat at 6am or we are leaving without you! LOL For those of you who are Everybody Loves Raymond fans you will know my DH got it from that show. :tv:

My mom and dad have gone on a few trips with my niece and nephew and they wanted to do the same with our child so its very sentimental. Disney has been such a part of my life thanks to my mom and dad introducing it to us when we were itty bitty's (only a couple of months old) so its such an enjoyable experience to take our children with them.

We are staying at SSR (our DVC home resort). We are staying in a 2 bedroom villa. (our 1st 2 bedroom villa). So we are excited about that.
We will arrive sometime on the 2nd. First night we are staying in South Carolina. We have a long drive the 1st day but we are troopers!

We have some ressies which I am also excited about....
Sci Fi -we've done and we LOVE it
Teppan Edo-never been before
Kona- Never been before
Yachtsman Steakhouse-never been before
my mom and dad are eating at Tutti Italia and Artist Point-never been to tutti italia since it changed but they have been to artist point and love it
1900 Park Fair for all of us for breakfast-My mom and dad have been but not my family
Garden Grill for dinner-again my mom and dad have been but not my family.
And Donald's Safari Breakfast at Animal Kingdom-no one has done this and since Restrauntasouras use to be my favorite I'm hoping that this takes that place in my heart! and doesn't leave me disappointed.....but we'll see.

I do things a little bit differently each time around because I was a cast member there in 98 during this exact time so this time we will be looking for the cat in the Osbourne lights :blackcat:,taking my son to the DTD Santa for his 1st meeting :santa2:, attending a merry member mixer for DVC members for the 1st time, and maybe hitting the DVC member shopping event at WOD store.
I also have the FREE event tickets for the parade taping and while I have done it before my parents have not so I'm thinking that it will be something they will enjoy.

Last night couldn't have been any better. I was packing everyone up and watching the Behind the Magic DIsney Holidays on HGTV that was new for this year that totally got me in the Disney Christmas mood!! It couldn't have come on at a better time!
Well there will be more to come!!! Can't wait for my trip to the world!

green ranger
11-30-2009, 09:37 AM
I wish you a very magical vacation with your family! Enjoy every second and be happy!
Can't wait to hear more.

princessgirls
11-30-2009, 11:37 AM
Enjoy your trip Joanne!

Safe travel and I look forward to reading your reports when you return.

Julie:mickey:

faline
11-30-2009, 11:44 AM
I watched the special as wel!

It certainly seems like you are in the process of creating a new generation of Disney fans!

DizNee143
12-01-2009, 10:42 AM
hope you and your family have a wonderful time!! and happy birthday to your little boy!
cant wait to hear all about your trip when you get back..:mickey:

KylesMom
12-01-2009, 11:04 AM
I hope that you succeeded with the B.I.S. rule this morning and that no one was left behind. :D I know that you're going to have a magical trip with your family. You have so many things to share with your DS - I can't wait to read about them upon your return! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-01-2009, 02:05 PM
Have a great trip