PDA

View Full Version : Dining Review: Blue Zoo

awaggett
11-29-2009, 08:28 PM
We ate at Todd English's Blue Zoo this past week. I hadn't read much on these boards, but had seen great reviews on several foodie sites.

We really enjoyed our meal--started off with appetizers--raw oysters and a great dish of seared scallops with short ribs over cauliflower puree--scallops were the best I have had in years.

For entrees--two had the simply fish dish--one with Atlantic Char and one with Cobia. Both were really happy with their choices--I tried the Cobia it was very good. One had the Black Cod--it was great--very smooth--I wish I had ordered it! I ordered the tuna dish--it too was great!

For desserts we shared the chocolate sampler and a pear tart--both were amazing.

I would highly recommend this place--it is on par with California Grill, without the view. I was surprised how empty the place was--it was the night before Thanksgiving around 8 pm. Quite a few empty tables. We talked to a bartender afterwards and said the place seems to be busier when conventions and meetings are being held at the Swan/Dolphin.

pdrlkr
11-29-2009, 11:42 PM
Thanks for the Review! :eat:

ThanxForNoticin
11-30-2009, 12:11 PM
DITTO. We also decided to try something new last week, and Blue Zoo was our choice. We enjoyed the dinner and the restaurant very much. The food was excellent and the service outstanding. We will definitely go back again in the future.

MOJoe
11-30-2009, 12:34 PM
Glad you enjoyed your meal. I think this place gets overlooked far too often. My wife and i went here a couple of times a few years back. And even during an IBM convention, the BlueZoo was nearly empty. We also found the food and service to be wonderful. This is a great place for adults to savor a little peace and quiet, along with some incredible drinks and food.

Can we keep it a secret? :secret:

artyboy
11-30-2009, 06:43 PM
We love this restaurant!!!

So glad to hear that you had a good experience!