PDA

View Full Version : Just out of curiosity...

MushuGrl
11-29-2009, 05:39 PM
This convo happened between the Disney Sister and I the other day concerning our upcoming OMG WE'RE ALMOST 45 DAYS OUT *pant pant* uh...trip, as we've always been lucky to have a room ready, or almost ready, when we got there.

We're leaving early from St. Augustine, and baring bad traffic and a stop here and there, we expect to hit CSR sometime around noon. After signing in, we're ready to hit some MK hard, and are very excited that it's EMH night at MK our first night.

Here's her question - if our room isn't ready, will we need to take a break from the park later that afternoonm go back to the hotel and get that taken care of, or will we be able to get our room assignment after EMH (which according to the WDW site will be until 11 p.m.)?

SallyMcQueen
11-29-2009, 05:59 PM
Last year our room wasn't ready when we arrived/check-ed in. They gave us our key cards and we hung out at the pool. The called and told us our room assignment. We never had to go back to the desk after our initial check in. I'd assume you could do that as well. No having to leave the park and no dealing with it after EMH.

TammiMcMan
11-29-2009, 06:04 PM
No, you won't need to go back to the resort. You can either call them later in the day for your room number, or they can simply text you the information right to your phone :thumbsup:.

The only thing I'm unsure of is the luggage situation. I know at some resorts, you need to call bell services when you get in your room and they bring up your luggage. Other resorts drop the luggage off as soon as your room is assigned. I'm sure someone here will know how CSR handles it.

gerald72
11-29-2009, 08:07 PM
We were given a card with a phone number on it. In the early afternoon, I gave the number a call, and they told us our room number.
We went from the park directly to the room; didn't have to stop at the check in again.
I drove, so I went to the car to get the luggage and move the car closer to the room.
This was when we arrived at about 6am. We arrived once around 10am and our room was already ready for us.

MushuGrl
12-03-2009, 10:59 AM
Thanks so much!