PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Ideas

Disney4us2
11-29-2009, 04:43 PM
Ok... Thanksgiving:turkey: has come and gone. Now I am looking for Christmas :santa3:ideas.

I got this idea last year from the Today show. For all the left over wrapping paper:gift:. Put it in a paper shredder. It makes a great cushion for all the Christmas ornaments :ornament:when the holiday is all over. I did this and it looks so festive, it is also a great way to recycle.

You could probably use this for gift bags:tree: as well. Just cut long pieces of paper to make the shreds long.:snowman:

What are some of your ideas?:santa:

teambricker04
11-29-2009, 04:54 PM
That's a great idea!

I have two little kids so I didn't want to put on breakable decorations a few years ago, but I wanted to be able to put something on. We got some plastic snowflakes and plastic candy canes (so no one eats them off the tree), but it just wasn't enough. I went to the craft store and bought several different types of christmas fabrics, some heat and bond, ribbons, and buttons. What did I do?? Took two different fabrics and used the heat and bond to bond them together. Then I cut out circles and used the ribbon to make a loop at the top with the button at the bottom of the ribbon where it connects to the circle. Our new ornaments look fun and festive plus I don't have to worry about the boys breaking anything while helping decorate!