PDA

View Full Version : Dining Review: Rose & Crown

Mr.K
11-29-2009, 12:31 PM
We had dinner ressies for 7 PM this past week at Rose & Crown, and I thought I would share our experience.

This was probably my second favorite meal of the week, close behind Le Cellier.

We had the potato and leek soup which was excellent, and also the Scotch Eggs were an unusual but excellent appetizer.

I don't remember what everyone had, but I know we had the grilled pork loin, chicken, bangers and mash, and grilled steak. All of it was excellent.

The one complaint was regarding the shephards pie, which one of our group had and did not care for.

For dessert, most of us got either the chocolate scotch cake or the sticky toffee pudding with hot butter rum sauce. We loved all of these.

We had excellent service at this meal as well.

Our ressies were for 7 PM, which proved excellent, as we had seating just outside with perfect viewing of the illuminations show at 9 PM while we ate dessert.

Big thumbs up for Rose & Crown!

BluewaterBrad
11-29-2009, 02:15 PM
Thanks for sharing!:mickey:

DVC2004
11-29-2009, 02:18 PM
Oh man that potato and leek soup! I never thought I could ever love a soup so much.

Great review- thanks! We tried R & C for the first time last year and we were so impressed. I am sorry we didn't try it sooner!

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-29-2009, 04:05 PM
I'm so glad you liked R&C - it is one of our very favourite places at Disney :mickey:

pdrlkr
11-29-2009, 11:40 PM
Thanks for the Review! :eat:

2MuchWDFun
11-30-2009, 05:32 PM
Thanks for the great review! We'll be dining there in 19 days...but, who's counting!;) It's one of our favorite places to eat in the World.

SBETigg
11-30-2009, 06:30 PM
Sounds like a very good time. I love Rose & Crown, but the food and service can be up and down to my experience. Still, we go back from time to time and enjoy it. Can't beat the Illuminations view while eating dessert. :thumbsup: