PDA

View Full Version : Dining Review: Chef Mickey's (Breakfast)

Mr.K
11-29-2009, 12:16 PM
Last week we went to Chef Mickey's for breakfast. This was our thrid trip to CM in 4 years. My kids loved it, but I think for all of us, to a certain degree, it was too much of a good thing.

The food was good, but nothing really wow. There is a very large variety of food options, and we had no complaints. Lots of very good food choices - I am sure there is something for everyone at CM. The cheese blintzes were delicious.

The atmosphere was very fun, particularly for the kids. All the main Disney characters sing, dance and greet each table, pausing extensively for pictures, signatures and interaction.

Very fun, but I am sure this will our last visit. I think part of the magic of CM is the novelty and the uniqueness. For those of you who have not been there, I would strongly recommend it still, but there are so many other options to choose from at Walt Disney World that I just can't see our family going back.

Fun breakfast at Chef Mickeys!

NJGIRL
11-29-2009, 12:51 PM
I always had high praise for this place but on our last visit I felt it was just OK. Food was warm but not hot and things ran out and weren't replace very quickly. Waitress also left dirty dishes on the table. I'm thinking that they may have been short staffed.

Jillirose
11-29-2009, 01:31 PM
On our last visit, we also thought it was just o.k. I must admist that realising I lost my wallet (on our last day) put a little damper on things!! Fortunately, the maid found it and all was well a frantic hour later.

This trip we will be at BC, so we made our ADRs at Cape May. We like that it is a little more intimate and the characters take a lot of time at each table.

BluewaterBrad
11-29-2009, 02:16 PM
Thanks for sharing!:mickey:

DVC2004
11-29-2009, 02:19 PM
To me it's a place for entertainment. There are much better places for food. It's fun for the kids but I never cared for the food there. Once was enough for us.

mudpuppysmom
11-29-2009, 02:38 PM
We were there last month and the food was good, again, nothing spectacular though. The character interation was also good -- a little rushed the "second half" after they twirl the napkins though.

One thing that I really did take note of though was that we had the same server as the table next to us (they came in after we did by a good 10 minutes) -- they had juice in their glasses continuously and their dirty plates were cleared immediately while our juice glasses remained empty nearly the entire meal and we had a pile of dirty dishes on our table -- we asked for juice several times from different servers as well as our own and nothing was done.

We also waited what seemed like an eternity for our bill to come -- she then brought out a stack of bills and handed them out like she waited until we were all finished eating to total everything out and had out bills -- many people were not happy about that (note that the table next to us was in and out WAY before we were too)!

My DS#2 enjoys this place so we will more than likely go back again.....plus we also have a 1 yr old now, so he'll more than likely enjoy it too.....it's OK, just nothing super special.

Hull-onian
11-29-2009, 03:37 PM
We have never had breakfast at Chef Mickeys. I would like to try it. We went to Crystal Palace and was not nuts about it. We have been to Chef Mickeys for dinner and it was okay. Good reviews everyone.

awaggett
11-29-2009, 08:20 PM
We ate at Chef Mickey's this week for the 2nd time. First time (last Decemeber) we really enjoyed it--food was great along with the character interaction. This time, food was okay--not great, but characters were still good. It is pricey for just okay breakfast, but it is great for kids to see Mickey and friends up close and often.

pdrlkr
11-29-2009, 11:41 PM
Thanks for the Review! :eat: