PDA

View Full Version : Dining Review: Tony's Town Square

Mr.K
11-29-2009, 11:17 AM
Our group of 12 ate at Tony's just a few days before Thanksgiving 2009. We were a bit apprehensive due to mixed reviews here on Intercot, but we wanted to try something new this time, and we wanted a meal near or in the Magic Kingdom, so I thought I'd chime in and share our experience.

We absolutely loved Tony's!

Nine of us ordered off the adult menu, and everyone loved the food.

Between us all, we tried the chicken parm, mixed seafood, shrimp with sun dried tomatoes & asparagus, pork chop marsala, and the spaghetti with sausage and everything was truly delicious. My daughter had the Salmon from the kids menu which also was very good.

We all loved the desserts too, particularly the pistachio creme brulee.

Our server was excellent. Prompt, funny and interactive with us and our kids.

The only downside was we did have to wait about 40 minutes to get our table after we showed up, but being a large group we understood how this can happen, and the management was very apologetic with great communication. When we did get our table, they had it decorated with ribbons and mickey mouse confetti, which added a nice festive touch.

Big thumbs up for Tony's!

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-29-2009, 11:49 AM
Glad to hear you liked Tony's, we had a great meal there as well!

jillluvsdisney
11-29-2009, 12:27 PM
Glad to hear you had a good meal there. Tony's does get a bad rep here on Intercot. I've always had good meals there.

BluewaterBrad
11-29-2009, 02:19 PM
Thanks for sharing!:mickey:

AllDisney
11-29-2009, 02:26 PM
Our meals at Tony's have always been good, but not great.

DisneyFr33k
11-29-2009, 03:27 PM
Glad your experience was good. We wish our experience was like yours. "Average" is a kind word to describe our experience. Maybe we'll try it again one day.

pdrlkr
11-29-2009, 11:39 PM
Thanks for the Review! :eat:

LudwigVonDrake
11-29-2009, 11:40 PM
It's been a while since I've eaten there but I always liked the food at Tony's :tasty:

#1donaldfan
11-30-2009, 12:34 PM
.....thanks for a great review...we love Tony's.....and as mentioned earlier, it does get a bad "rap" here on intercot...but, if you try it just once, chances are good on a return visit...:party:

GrmGrninGost
11-30-2009, 07:39 PM
Glad to see the positive review! We overlooked Tony's for many years, mainly due to the negatives we were hearing about it. We gave it a try in 2008 and loved it. When we went again this year, we were seated at the exact same table as last year. The food and service were wonderful once again. Tony's is fast working it's way up my list of WDW favorites! :mickey:

faline
11-30-2009, 07:43 PM
I sometimes think this place is hit or miss. We've dined here for lunch and loved it. After that, we did a dinner and it was "okay" but nothing to write home about. On this last trip, we tried it again for dinner and had a lovely and yummy meal. We've dining there again next week and home our dinner is as good as the last one we had in this location!

jensantuit
11-30-2009, 07:53 PM
Thank you for the great review. We are eating at Tony's for the first time next Tuesday. I can't wait. :mickey:

beksy
12-01-2009, 11:09 AM
We had Tony's for lunch in October and had a similar experience to yours. We absolutely loved it. I had a tomato and mozarella appetizer that was to die for. I've been craving it ever since. Glad to see it's getting some positive feedback now!

tdk316
12-01-2009, 01:38 PM
Happy you liked it there - maybe we'll try it again. We had an awful experience a couple of years ago and haven't been back since.

Giselle
12-02-2009, 04:22 PM
We were at the world Nov. 7-21st and there were waiters passing out menus trying to get people to come eat there. We did and were pleasently suprised. The food was great, service fast and friendly, and atmosphere relaxing. I reccommend the calzone and zucchini fries.:thumbsup:

Emme&TeddysMommy
12-02-2009, 04:31 PM
I agree we ate at Tony’s in September and the food was great!!! I was a little apprehensive after all of the poor reviews I have read, but to our surprise it was a great meal.

Bamf1000
12-02-2009, 06:42 PM
A while back we tried Tony's and had a terrible experience... but maybe it was just that one time it was bad...maybe well try it again.?:wine:

faline
12-02-2009, 08:08 PM
A while back we tried Tony's and had a terrible experience... but maybe it was just that one time it was bad...maybe well try it again.?:wine:

I'd give it another try but you certainly won't get any wine with your meal! :thedolls:

Belster
12-02-2009, 09:19 PM
Glad you enjoyed it!!!

Went many years back and did not care for it...thinking of trying it again next year though.

Ropachs
12-03-2009, 02:16 PM
We ate at Tony's last year and 3 out of 4 of us enjoyed it. Can't go by reviews alone I guess.