PDA

View Full Version : Photopass CD?

disneykid@hrt
11-28-2009, 08:25 PM
Hey all. Hope everyone is recovering from Turkey Day and Black Friday...

I just got an email from Disney with an offer to pre-order a Photopass CD for $100. Has anyone ever done this? What does the CD include- what does can I do with the pics? Is it worth it?

Thanks for any info you can give me!!

6 weeks!

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-28-2009, 08:44 PM
It is totally worth it, at least for our family.

You get all of the pictures that you have taken while you're at Disney, and once you start looking for the photopass photographers you'll be amazed at how quickly you get a lot of photos taken.

You can edit the photos, add borders, character signatures, etc, and have both the original and the edited photo on the photo CD.

More information can be found in Info Central: http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/misc/photopass.asp

PoohRules
11-28-2009, 09:06 PM
We did this last year and are very pleased with the results. However, like anything, I think it depends on your specific circumstances. It is not inexpensive, so I see it as more of a special event splurge. Last year we prepurchased for our 10th wedding anniversary trip and it was well worth it. We also got the book, and the ability to upload our photo's for the book. The book is wonderful and several folks have commented on how nice it is. If you do prepurchase, stop at every chance for photo's so you have a nice selection. It usually does not take long and they take several shots each time. Note, two of the ones I was really looking forward to never showed up on our photopass cards - however, we got another happy couple in France. I am still disappointed that my MNSSHP photo's in front of the HM were missed. I guess sometimes they just accidently get the ID's messed up. Anyway, as we had stopped at so many of the photo spots - and they are everywhere - we did not feel cheated.

I debated doing it again this year - I leave in 12 days! - as we have never been at Christmas, but DH and i agree to just use our digital this year as last year was a tad of a splurge. Note, we don't give these photo's to a lot of family - if you have a lot of folks you give these too or a family going, yes you should definatley do this..you will be very pleased.

DizneyRox
11-28-2009, 10:24 PM
We did it this year, more out of curiosity, but also because we wanted to make sure we were all in the picture. We also got it for like $85 or whatever that deal was a while back.

We ended up with over 300 pictures. And some were good, however I don't think it was worth it. The resolution is NOT a very great resolution. Hardly capable of 5x7 prints...

At $100 I will pass next time and just take my own.

Belster
11-28-2009, 11:19 PM
I think it is worth it because I a about to pay 149.00 for my photopass...wish I got that email...lol.

comicguy
11-29-2009, 09:56 AM
I think it is worth it especially with the editing option. It is amazing how quick the number of photos add up. That being said it isnot something we do every trip, I think we hav done it twice now and probably wont do it for a nother couple of trips.