PDA

View Full Version : Planning to drive from Alberta...

mom2morgan
11-28-2009, 06:11 PM
But not sure where to stop and stay along the way. It is about 25 hours of driving, so we'd have to take either 2 or 3 days to get down. Anyone know how I'd even begin to figure this out? My kids are also really eager to go to Six Flags, so I guess that will be another stop, but honestly, the idea of driving in unfamiliar places (Los Angeles!) scares the bejabbers out of me.

MegaDisney
11-28-2009, 06:28 PM
Try Google or Yahoo Maps or Mapquest. They all have a features to show you where accommodations, dining and gas is along your route

Disney4us2
11-28-2009, 07:22 PM
If you have an auto club, they can give you tour books, maps, etc. (like the USA AAA). There are two Six Flags in CA. One in northern and one 15 minutes from me in southern CA. Driving in Los Angeles can be a bit of a challenge during rush hour times. I don't drive around the downtown area... except if I am on the freeway.

I don't know where you plan to enter the USA, but Las Vegas is always a nice stop for the adults.

Have a great drive down and enjoy your stay at the Original.:mickey:

mom2morgan
11-29-2009, 11:56 AM
Thanks, both of you! I had used mapquest for directions but didn't realize about the other features - I'll need to poke around. Right now the closest I can figure is the states I'll be passing through, and a couple of the big cities, like Salt Lake. And I think I will go to the AMA - they have decent deals on Disney tickets and packages, and as you say, can probably help me with planning. Apparently the Six Flags we "have" to go to is Magic Mountain, since my kids (including the big one ;-) are dying to ride Tatsu! I looked at their website and personally couldn't care less...it doesn't look like my kind of fun at all. It appears to be either big coasters (which I don't ride) or midway rides, without much story or character for entertainment.

Disney4us2
11-29-2009, 12:08 PM
Apparently the Six Flags we "have" to go to is Magic Mountain, since my kids (including the big one ;-) are dying to ride Tatsu! I looked at their website and personally couldn't care less...it doesn't look like my kind of fun at all. It appears to be either big coasters (which I don't ride) or midway rides, without much story or character for entertainment.

My DD (10) loves Tatsu. Like you I could care less about that park. Magic Mountain is about an hour and 20 minutes away from the Happiest place on earth, if there is no traffic.

Have a fun and safe drive down.:mickey: