PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge to Crystal Palace

Gocubs
11-28-2009, 01:43 PM
Have an 8:15 reservation next Friday morning for the Crystal Palace. I realize that I just need to bring my confirmation number to get into the park early. My question concerns how to get there.

I contacted the WL Concierge and they suggested taking a cab. I thought that sounded funny. Do the boat launches not run that early? How will I be able to get there and what time should I be ready to go?

DreamFinder2
11-28-2009, 02:06 PM
There will be Disney transportation available. Character dining buses generally begin routes about 1/2 prior to the earliest seating...I think the buses at that early hour even read "Character Breakfast" on the bus's sign.

I'm not sure about boat launches...but assume all transportation will be available starting about 1 hour prior to park opening on that particular day.

My philosophy is: if there's an opportunity for you to throw more money at Disney, they'll make sure you can get there :)

Hope this helps!

AuntLaura
11-28-2009, 03:24 PM
I assume MK opens at 0900? Even if the bigger launches are not running, the smaller launches running between WL, CR and FW are running as early as 0700, I believe. You could take a small launch over to CR, and walk to MK, or if the monorail is running, take that from CR around to MK. Quickest to just walk over.

epceddie
11-28-2009, 03:26 PM
Make sure to bring a camera. We've had 8:05 a.m. reservations in the past and we've gotten some great shots of Main Street U.S.A. and the Castle with little or no people in the park.

retiredfigment
11-28-2009, 03:27 PM
The year we did this, we took the ferry to the Contemporary and then just walked over. Nice walk.

ElenitaB
11-28-2009, 06:36 PM
The bus will be running and the launches should be running (just call the front desk that morning). No matter what, be sure to give yourself extra time. Even though you're staying geographically nearby, at times Disney transportation can make it feel far.

faline
11-28-2009, 07:32 PM
When we last had an early morning Magic Kingdom dining reservation while staying at Wilderness Lodge, we took a bus and had no trouble getting to our reservation on time.

Gregandmel
11-28-2009, 08:58 PM
We did this last October. Stayed at WL and had 8:05 reservations at CP. The boat launch starts as early as 6:30am. We went to the boat launch about 6:50 - 7:00am and it took us to the Contemporary Resort. From there, we took the monorail which stopped at the Polynesian, then to the Magic Kingdom (I can't remember all the stops it made, but I don't think it was more than 1 at the Poly - maybe it went to Grand Floridian as well, but I dont' recall). Regardless, we made it to MK around 7:45am and had enough time to get our picture taken with the bronze statue and had plenty of time to make our reservations. Have a blast - we totally enjoyed it!!

A Big Kid
11-29-2009, 07:36 AM
And now is time for my usual response to this type of questions: :secret: Your ADR's will be held up to a half hour past the scheduled time.

KylesMom
11-29-2009, 01:05 PM
If this were my family, we'd take the boat launch to CR, walk through the tower to the front of the resort & skip on over to MK via the walkway. :mickey:

Gocubs
11-29-2009, 01:55 PM
If this were my family, we'd take the boat launch to CR, walk through the tower to the front of the resort & skip on over to MK via the walkway. :mickey:

I think we are going to do exactly that!

andreallybadeggs
11-29-2009, 09:11 PM
Make sure to bring a camera. We've had 8:05 a.m. reservations in the past and we've gotten some great shots of Main Street U.S.A. and the Castle with little or no people in the park.

Must have been the day my family was there.
We are all sort of "little people"-- sorry, couldn't resist. ;)

LudwigVonDrake
11-29-2009, 11:35 PM
Silly question: Is there a bus from WL to MK or is the only way to get there by boat? Thanks :wave:

KylesMom
11-30-2009, 09:06 AM
Silly question: Is there a bus from WL to MK or is the only way to get there by boat? Not a silly question at all. Although we've never taken the bus, there is one that will get you to MK. :mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
11-30-2009, 12:41 PM
Not a silly question at all. Although we've never taken the bus, there is one that will get you to MK. :mickey:

Thank you :wave:

kemps@wdw
12-04-2009, 11:10 PM
Boat launches start @ WL around 7 am. The morning boat rides are much more enjoyable. :thumbsup: