PDA

View Full Version : Couple of November Questions???

Belster
11-28-2009, 01:00 PM
We are planning another trip to the world:cloud9:. We usually go in October, but have decided that we would like to try November next year.

The dates we would like to go are 11/6-11/14. Does anyone know if MVMCP is going on then? Are the lights and things up?

I am asking because that is the reason we are going and would hate to miss the Holiday Magic!!! :mickey:

Strmchsr
11-28-2009, 04:06 PM
The dates we would like to go are 11/6-11/14. Does anyone know if MVMCP is going on then? Are the lights and things up?

For dates that early don't plan on any Christmas decorations and be surprised if you see any. MVMCP usually starts mid-November, but they won't announced when until May. It will probably start during those dates (around Dec 12-14) but that's not definite. Also, the Osborne Lights have gone back and forth. Some years they start mid-November and some years after Thanksgiving. The Epcot stuff all starts after Thanksgiving. Decorations start going up Nov 1, so you'll see some, and I'm sure they'll grow more and more as your trip goes along, but don't plan on being able to see everything.

faline
11-28-2009, 07:19 PM
Also you may run into Jersey week which usually happens around Veterans' day which is on the 11th.

This year, Mickeys' Very Merry starts on November 10th so you have a good chance of having a party while you are there.

Belster
11-28-2009, 09:32 PM
What is Jersey week?

Lisa and Alan
11-29-2009, 06:10 AM
We just came back. We were there between 11/3 - 11/12. The crowds levels were great. We had one busy Saturday at Epcot that we ran into during the Food & Wine Festival. As far as Jersey week, which is basically when the entire state of New Jersey is off from school for several days, that happened while we were there. I heard horror stories, but it was fine for us. Yes, we saw some large school groups, but everyone we encountered was polite. If we saw a large group entering a line, we would go to a different attraction and come back later. The crowd levels made backtracking much easier. And the temps were much more bearable. (low 80's). The Osborne Spectacle of Lights was going on the last couple of days we were there, and there were two x-mas party nights at the MK, as well. You will have great fun in November. (and you must do Kim Possible at Epcot)

faline
11-29-2009, 07:55 PM
What is Jersey week?

Sorry! I should have explained that better! New Jersey schools usually have several days off around Veterans' Day. Many families take advantage of this timing to plan a visit to Disney World!

Belster
11-29-2009, 09:38 PM
Sorry! I should have explained that better! New Jersey schools usually have several days off around Veterans' Day. Many families take advantage of this timing to plan a visit to Disney World!

Not a problem...lol.:mickey: Thanks for your reply.