PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon Cafe Question

Gocubs
11-28-2009, 09:37 AM
My wife and I made a last minute reservation for next week. We will also have our 20 month old with us.

From what I can gather, the dinner skillet is an individual price per person. It is not something you can "share", correct?

Wife is worried that she will never eat that much food and may order something else, even though she would like to try some of the items on the skillet. I haven't eaten there in years, so it is hard for me to remember.

wdw_bound
11-28-2009, 10:31 AM
The skillet is priced per person, but it is sized that way too. So if you and your wife order the skillet, you start off with more food than if just one of you orders it. Before my DS turned 3, I was not charged for sharing my skillet with him.

DH usually orders something else (he's a big fan of their chicken), but I have let him taste (and I mean a bite, not a helping) different things on the skillet.

WCC is a must-do on our list - hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

Have a great trip!:mickey:

A Big Kid
11-28-2009, 04:10 PM
The skillet is priced per person, but it is sized that way too. So if you and your wife order the skillet, you start off with more food than if just one of you orders it. Before my DS turned 3, I was not charged for sharing my skillet with him.

DH usually orders something else (he's a big fan of their chicken), but I have let him taste (and I mean a bite, not a helping) different things on the skillet.

WCC is a must-do on our list - hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

Have a great trip!:mickey:

Not trying to be mean here, but your answer seems confusing to me.

When you say that it is "sized that way too" I am not sure what you are saying. It sounds like you are saying it is just enough food for one person.

The skillet is all you care to eat ONLY for the person that orders it. Is that what you meant?

For instance, if your hubby orders the skillet, he and only he can eat until his belt busts. You can order a hamburger, but are not allowed to eat any of his food.

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-28-2009, 04:40 PM
When you say that it is "sized that way too" I am not sure what you are saying. It sounds like you are saying it is just enough food for one person.
Not quite. If one person orders the skillet, thy bring out a "one person" serving to start. You can order more of whatever you'd like, but they don't overwhelm you with a huge plate of food to start. If a group of people order the skillet, they bring out a bigger starting portion, and again they can order more of what they want.

The skillet is all you care to eat ONLY for the person that orders it. Is that what you meant?
That's exactly right. Although, I can't see there being any problem for your little one to eat off it, since they are under 3, and a child sharing a meal with an adult is free.

The skillet is one of our favourites at Disney :eat: