PDA

View Full Version : Help! Dr in the World?

MissTink
11-28-2009, 07:55 AM
Ok so I apologize in advance, if this is in the wrong spot...

DS2 went to Dr yesterday to check his ears as he had another ear infection last week, has been on meds all week and now he has started getting one in the other ear! We are taking a flight at 6 am tomorrow and Dr said it would be ok for him to fly BUT he's not sure about coming home next Saturday. He presribed a stronger antibiotic ( which gave him diarhea last time, oh great) but we definately need to get him checked before we board to come home. DH is prepared to rent a car to drive him home. Help! Where do we go??

Strmchsr
11-28-2009, 08:01 AM
I don't know if there's a clinic, but Celebration Hospital is close by and if you just want his ears looked at probably someone at the first aid station in the park could do that.

MinnieMommie
11-28-2009, 08:36 AM
Sometimes ear infections or residual fluid can linger. To help with his comfort on the plane especially during take off and as the plane descends, it will be good to make sure you have chewing gum which will relieve some of the pressure in his ear. You may not be able to find gum at the airport or Disney so get enough before you leave home.

Celebration Hospital is quite close to Disney. You can use Mapquest for directions or pm me and I will send you directions. If the antibiotics gave your son the runs let you Primary care provider know. There are other wide spectrum antibiotics to choose from and maybe your provider can make a switch before you leave or call something in to a pharmacy at Disney.

Remember that the concierge desk and guest relations are there to help you. Also, Disney is really close to 192 where you will find many places to get medicine (CVS Walgrenns etc). He should start to improve not too long after taking the right medicine. :mickey:

NotaGeek
11-28-2009, 10:38 AM
I have read in other posts that their is an Urgent Care place really close to WDW and there's a shuttle. I am sure someone will come along with exact info, but you can ask the Front Desk at your resort and I am sure they will help you out.

Good luck and i hope those meds kick in!

Melanie
11-28-2009, 06:33 PM
There is a great urgent care right outside of Downtown Disney.

MissTink
11-29-2009, 02:53 AM
Thank you all for the quick responses! On our way, with our fingers crossed!! :mickey:

Tinkermom
11-29-2009, 10:50 AM
There are also several Walgreens with the "Take Care" clinics close by WDW. I went on the Walgreens website and clicked on clinic and then typed in Lake Buena Vista and several Walgreens popped up. Good luck!

Patricia
11-29-2009, 11:13 AM
It's too late for the OP but for anyone else in need you may want to try this..

While staying at CBR, I once called the front desk for a clinic location and they sent a Doctor to our room. My son had an ear infection and the antibiotic was delivered to our room in a very short time. The Doctor's office even phoned us the next day to be sure he was getting better. I believe it cost more, but our travel insurance covered it all.
The direct line is - 407-399-DOCS (399-3627)
Beats waiting around a clinic. :thumbsup:

Also, if your in a value resort, Disney provides fridges free of charge for medication use.

Centra Care Clinics - There are 16 locations and they provide free transportation from most area resorts. The driver will phone ahead to get your name on the waiting list and they have a no tipping policy. The location near DTD is the main facility and the direct line is 407-934-2273.