PDA

View Full Version : Change to PCH Grill Character Breakfast

MegaDisney
11-27-2009, 11:20 PM
Beginning December 11th the Character Breakfast at Disney's PCH Grill (Located at the Paradise Pier Hotel) will change to "Surf's Up! Breakfast with Mickey & Friends."

New breakfast buffet will include flatbreads from a wood burning oven & signature chilaquiles with shredded beef, salsa verde & queso fresco.

Source: Disney

For those of us (me) who don't know what Chilaquiles are, from Wikipedia:

"Chilaquiles are a traditional Mexican dish. Typically, corn tortillas cut in quarters and fried are the basis of the dish. Green or red salsa or mole, is poured over the crispy tortilla triangles, called "totopos." The mixture is simmered until the tortilla starts softening. Eggs (scrambled or fried) and pulled chicken are sometimes added to the mix. The dish is topped with cheese (typically queso fresco) and/or sour cream (crema), and it is served with refried beans."

Sounds Yummy! :tasty:

NotaGeek
11-28-2009, 02:29 AM
I really liked the breakfast at PCH, so I am excited to see what this new menu will be like ... and I LOVE chilaquiles! Thanks for posting this Bryant!

Melanie
11-28-2009, 07:16 AM
Characters staying the same?

MegaDisney
11-28-2009, 11:21 AM
I think it was Lilo and Stitch before and now it is Mickey and Friends, so I assume the characters have changed.

Melanie
11-28-2009, 06:56 PM
Isn't this the first time Mickey has been available at a character meal at Disneyland? Or at least in a long time?

NotaGeek
11-28-2009, 06:59 PM
Isn't this the first time Mickey has been available at a character meal at Disneyland? Or at least in a long time?
You're correct ... the only place he was for as long as I can remember is that Birthday thing they do at the Plaza Inn.

Fun! Now I can see Mickey an eat some good food! :)