PDA

View Full Version : Favorite CS and best value...

daisyhead
11-26-2009, 03:51 PM
I'm trying to pick a few options for counter service meals for lunch/dinner.

My all time favorite CS is Toy Story Pizza Planet in DHS.

What's your favorite CS or one that you have found to be a great value for use with the dining plan?

Mysttree
11-26-2009, 07:26 PM
For use with DDP I'd say
Wolfgang Puck Express- DTD
CS Yak & Yeti- AK

For most bang for your buck I'd say
Cosmic Ray's- MK
Earl of Sandwich- DTD

BigThunderFan
11-26-2009, 11:47 PM
We really enjoyed Flame Tree BBQ in AK. The ribs were pretty good and you got quite a bit for the price.

HoosierDisneyFan
11-27-2009, 09:53 AM
I will start with a disclaimer, I do not like Toy Story Pizza Planet. Too loud, too many kids running around asking to play video games, too crowded, generic pizza.

That said my favorite CS options are:

Earl of Sandwich- DTD - TS food at a CS price
Wolfgang Puck Express- DTD - Meatball (i.e cannon ball) sandwich
Backlot Express - DHS - Good hamburgers and shaded outdoor seating
Columbia Harbour House - MK - Eat upstairs
Pecos Bill Cafe - MK - Good fixins bar!
Yorkshire County Fish Shop - EPCOT - Great Fish & Chips (limited outdoor seating)
Flame Tree BBQ - AK - Smoked Chicken but DO NOT FEED THE DUCKS

Evil Genius
11-27-2009, 11:11 AM
Without a doubt the best Counter Service for us is Sunshine Seasons!

It has incredible variety and not your normal faire in terms of the offerings. And quite a bit of the entres available are healthy as well.

Plus...free refills! :thumbsup:

2MuchWDFun
11-27-2009, 04:29 PM
Our favorite is Cosmic Rays in MK. Love to share the ribs and chicken platter...lots of tasty food; enough for two.

In a close second is Tangerine (sp?) Cafe in Morocco in Epcot. A great platter of food...love the tabouleh and gyro sandwiches.

We plan on visiting both of these spots in a few weeks!:muscles:

beksy
11-27-2009, 05:03 PM
I don't have favorites in DHS or AK but for the others:

MK: Cosmic Rays (we like the entertainment and the options) and Pecos Bill (fixin's bar!)

EC: Sunshine Seasons (great options and yummy desserts plus a good place to grab lunch while waiting for those fastpass times for Soarin')

DTD: Earl of Sandwich

goofygirl67
11-28-2009, 08:52 AM
My favorites are:
MK--Pecos Bill's--the fixin bar is what sold me, other than that Columbia Harbor house, love the food.
Epcot--Sunshine seasons--sooo much to choose from.
DHS--Backlot--burgers are good and you can get free refills on soda.
AK--love Yak and Yeti, like Flame tree
DTD--Earl of Sandwich--was on my boycot list when they got rid of the beef n' bleu but I am slowly trying others now.

bruin1344
11-28-2009, 10:27 AM
MK - Pecos Bill, Cosmic Rays, and Columbia Harbour House

Epcot - Sunshine Seasons, WS Countries: Mexico, China, and Japan

AK - Flame Tree BBQ

DTD - Earl of Sandwich, Wolfgang Puck Express

Gator
11-28-2009, 01:14 PM
My favorite is Flame Tree BBQ.

The best value is at Coronado Springs' Pepper Market. You can get a rib-eye steak for the cost of a counter service credit. Pretty good deal.

hannahandkalebmom
11-28-2009, 04:03 PM
My favorites are Wolfgang Puck Express and The Flaming Tree BBQ!!:tasty:

SillySymphony
11-28-2009, 05:53 PM
I'm in total agreement with the previous posters who give high marks to Sunshine Seasons (The Land); Cosmic Ray's (Tomorrowland) and Flame Tree. Without equal is Sunshine Seasons which is part of a new trend at Disney called "Fast Casual". The entree's are very fresh and might even be prepared as you watch. The Earl of Sandwich creates great sandwiches, too. There are three more options, and depending on where you're staying, they might be closer than the others. I'm willing to give praise to the good folks at all three All Star Resorts. Their respective Food Courts adhere to the Fast Casual concept, too. You can get a great sandwich, pasta bowl or salad, made while you watch. Other entrees include carved meats and comfort foods. Very good eats !

nicjohn3
11-28-2009, 08:57 PM
Wolf Gang Puck--DTD

Pepper Market-CS

hokies4life
11-29-2009, 02:13 PM
We loved Sunshine Seasons..ended up eating there at least twice. We also liked Cosmic Rays and Yak and Yeti CS. There wasn't one in DHS we went to over and over, but if I had to pick one it would be Backlot.

DVC2004
11-29-2009, 02:34 PM
I like Earl of Sandwich at DTD and we usually go to Cosmic Ray's because of the variety of selections.