PDA

View Full Version : Party of One Dining Suggestions

DisneyEpcotDad
11-25-2009, 08:21 PM
Okay fellow party of one visitors to DW. What is your advice on where to eat when you find yourself on your own to enjoy the Magic?

Do you ever try to find someone to eat with?:mickey:

Oh, by the way, I couldn't stay away from visiting this year, so my "taking a break until 2011" signature item is no longer applicable:blush:

Madame Leona
11-25-2009, 10:00 PM
The joy of dining for one is that you get to eat wherever you want! Pick a menu you like, take a book and live for the day!

Bellewannabe
11-25-2009, 11:00 PM
California Grill and Flying Fish. They both offer seating right at the kitchen so you can watch the chefs in action, converse with them and even sample some of the food they're preparing. We love their menus and more importantly their wine lists!

Mysttree
11-26-2009, 02:00 PM
I LOVE dining alone. As mentioned previously you only have to worry about pleasing yourself. :thumbsup: I also like to take a book along if I want to be solitary. Otherwise I like to sit at the sushi bar & socialize.
Wolfgang Puck's has a sushi bar- I have ordered off both sushi menu & their reg. menu there.
Rose & Crown has a bar- you can probably order off the reg. menu- you can in most pubs.
Teppan Edo had a sushi bar the last time I was there- I *think* they still do.
Also any of the places that have outdoor dining options would be great for people watching- one of my favorite past times!
'family style seating' like Biergarten would be good as well if you feel like being social.

Kairi_7378
11-26-2009, 09:12 PM
I'd suggest CA Grill (at the bar) or Jiko (also at the bar.) Or just go somewhere you've always wanted to but no one else wanted to try.

beksy
11-28-2009, 02:35 PM
I've never been alone but I think I would try some places that I've wanted to try but the others in my party won't (I'm much more adventurous!). I think some other good ones might be Teppan Edo or Germany where you are eating with a group (great way to meet new friends too!). Any place where you can people watch is good and would be fun. I think I'd enjoy going somewhere like WCC and just sitting watching the interaction going on between the other patrons and the staff too. :mickey:

awaggett
11-29-2009, 08:21 PM
Another vote for California Grill--I eat at the bar quite often when in town for work. It is great.

LudwigVonDrake
11-29-2009, 11:43 PM
I've eaten by myself at the Sci-Fi, Plaza Restaurant, and San Angel Inn :eat:

tdk316
12-01-2009, 01:41 PM
Yet another vote for Cali Grill - I've eaten there alone frequently over the past couple of years while DH was at a conference party. Good times and you often can talk with someone as much or little as you'd like.

passholderryan
12-02-2009, 09:19 AM
My wife will usually take a nap or do some shopping in the afternoons while at the world, which gives me a couple of hours to go out on my own. When it comes to eating, I always head to Germany and get a bratwurst and beer. I then sit on a bench between Germany and Italy (across from the train display). I then get another beer (they say there's a sandwich in every beer) from the Rose and Crown Pub and check out The British Invasion followed by Off Kilter). I know its not exactly a TS meal, and may seem a little cheesy, but I think about it every day. Only 2 weeks until I'm there with my son for the first time, he will only be 10 weeks old. I wonder if he will like The British Invasion :thumbsup: I hope so!!!!!!!

BluewaterBrad
12-02-2009, 03:52 PM
Fulton's at the lounge is another good choice.:mickey:

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
12-02-2009, 04:28 PM
I have eaten at the bar in Fulton's by myself (full menu is available) which I enjoyed. I also enjoyed eating by myself at Tokyo Dining at the Japan pavilion in Epcot. This is the front part of the restaurant -- not the back part where they cook at the tables. There are big windows with a terrific view of the World Showcase Lagoon for Illuminations. I sat down at a table less than 30 mins. before the start of Illuminations and had a great meal and a terrific view of the show. (The music is piped in.)