PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club vs other deluxes

DizneyDoug
11-24-2009, 11:22 PM
I am planning a trip for my family of four (2 DD's ages 9 & 6) and am considering upgrading to a deluxe for this trip. We have stayed at POFQ for the past couple of trips and we like it there, but we have a little extra money available due to my mom's wishes when she died and I'm thinking we should try a week at a deluxe for some extra fun. I'm considering all of the deluxes, but am leaning towards Beach Club because of its location near Epcot and the extra amenities it has. I would appreciate any thoughts you have with my girls enjoyment in mind. Thanks to all.

MarkC
11-25-2009, 09:22 AM
Your entire family will love Beach Club. It is a 5 minute walk to Epcot World Showcase and easy transportation to the other parks. I'm sure you've seen pictures but the grounds and decor are wonderful. The only drawback is that your kids will love Stormalong Bay so much you'll have to fight to get them out of the pool to go to the parks. It is the only place we'll stay when we go-- in fact we loved it so much we bought a timeshare there. Of course, if you stay at Beach Club you will fall in love with it and never want to stay anywhere else, so consider yourself warned. Enjoy! Mark

ThanxForNoticin
11-25-2009, 12:21 PM
I couldn't agree with MarkC more. It is a wonderful place to stay. Great location, the best pool on property, and lots of fun things to do - like movies on the beach, Beaches n Cream snacks, and access to the evening entertainment on the Boardwalk across the lake. And if you are interested, you're only a 10-minute walk from Fanatasia Mini Golf. If you can do it, we would highly recommend your stay at BC.

bruin1344
11-25-2009, 01:12 PM
Its a great choice. The short walk to Epcot is almost worth the whole trip. Its great that DHS is in walking distance. Stormalong Bay is an awesome pool. There are so many dining options at Epcot, BC, Yacht Club, and Boardwalk.

Mackflava99
11-25-2009, 03:14 PM
The beach club is terrific, my faily enjoys it alot- and you can have a few "non-park" days there and still be very busy

thumperbug
11-26-2009, 02:32 PM
Beach club is great. I just got back from staying at the Yacht club. BEAUTIFUL. The rooms as spacious and the beds and bedding are to die for. YOu just sink in them. There is plenty of room and storage in the room.

If I didnt' already have OKW booked for my next trip I would definitely be going for the yacht.

Jillirose
11-26-2009, 09:21 PM
Beach Club is our fave! We're going back in February. Your kids are at the perfect ages to enjoy the pools, lazy river, etc. Also, the close proximity to great transportation makes it convenient, especially if you need to take a break midday and spend some time at the hotel.

daisyhead
11-27-2009, 05:48 AM
While I've never stayed there, I just wanted to second what is said about about the location! We've stayed at the Dolphin twice, which is not as close to Epcot as BC, but the location is wonderful! Nothing beats being able to walk to Epcot, hop on the monorail and take it to TTC then MK, or to stroll the Boardwalk at night, ride the Friendships to the DHS. The area around the Boardwalk is my favorite place to stay! We only used the bus once that week to get the AK. :thumbsup:

teambricker04
11-27-2009, 09:41 PM
Agreed! It is so close to DHS and EPCOT and Stormalong Bay is FUN! There is a Character meal at BC, they have some activities during the day for the kids, there is usually a movie at night on the beach.... just the smell walking into the lobby is pure heaven! I don't think you would regret the upgrade.... We have stayed various places since the BC, but we still talk about that trip!

dream_disney
11-29-2009, 06:22 PM
The Beach Club is truely amazing! THe pool is awesome and the activities are quite fun! The cast members there are amazingly accomodating and will go out of their way to make your vacation extra magical :mickey: If you have the opportunity to stay at the BC...take it! it is worth EVERY penny.

TikiLounger
11-29-2009, 07:24 PM
We REALLY love The Beach Club. You just can't beat the proximity to Epcot. It's a wonderful place to stay.

pirateyankee80
01-01-2010, 06:27 PM
:number1:Couldn’t agree more with all these posts. It is a great location for young legs, short walks. We have stayed there three times and are going back again in 2010. Just have to add on our last night in 2007 we had our bags packed and nothing to do. As we walked outside toward the beach the cast members were setting up a giant movie screen and dragging benches onto the sand. We spent our last night watching Pirates of the Caribbean on the
beach by the lagoon. It was one of many awesome experiences that we have had at WDW Cant say this will happen to you but it was a great suprise:thumbsup:

dismommy
01-02-2010, 11:10 AM
We always stay at POFQ since we had our DS, but I have always wanted to stay at the Beach Club, I actually priced it for our next trip, but can"t do this time< if they offer a decent deal I may try to upgrade. I say if you can, do it.:mickey:

jonahbear2006
01-04-2010, 01:27 PM
careful staying at the beach club. after you stay there, you may never be happy at another resort. lol. im not kidding. they pamper you and your children so well there and the pool is so out of this world amazing that there will never be a place that, for our family, can live up to this place. Their buffet is great, their marketplace has fabulous food, the solarium is a fabulous place to play wii and watch movies, the beach is so close, everything is within walking distance, and the staff outside plays with the kids so mom and dad can really enjoy the pool. Hands down, our favorite disney resort.
I feel, here, as if I can let my kids roam the pool because there are so many lifeguards and as the pool kind of free forms itself, you can look over it and kind of see where people are but also the pool is pretty much gated in.

thejens
01-04-2010, 07:58 PM
We loved it too and I agree with all the other posters. Here are some of my tips: It is important to schedule some pool time. We rushed our kids out of the pool too much when we stayed there. Next time I'll plan a little more relax time. (the pool is not as relaxing for Moms of toddlers because mine kept wandering out of sight! Bigger kids will be fine with the lifeguards.)

Also, Cape May is great for any meal, but has a cute character breakfast. Flying Fish is one of my favorite restaurants (at Boardwalk) and our kids were happy in the Beach Club kid's club while we dined there. The Board Walk area is fun, but the games can be pricey. I told my kids in advance ONE game only.

leighe
01-06-2010, 02:49 PM
The BC is our absolute favorite resort! I'm sad because we're staying at BLT on our trip this summer because with 2 and 3 year old DDs we are just spending so much time in the Magic Kingdom area.