PDA

View Full Version : CBR Travel Time Question

HiroProBC
11-23-2009, 04:18 PM
My wife and I are looking to stay at Caribbean Beach Resort in January 2010 and I wanted to ask a few questions.

We stayed at the campground one year and it seemed to take forever to get to the parks because it was a multi-hop process (sometimes over an hour from campsite to a park). Is it the same going to and from parks while staying at CBR?

Thanks in advance for any insite you can provide. It's been about 10 years since we visited WDW so we are really looking fwd to it.

SallyMcQueen
11-23-2009, 04:41 PM
We stayed in early Dec last year and Epcot was about 10-15 minutes, MK 15 minutes, AK was the longest ride (to be expected), I think it was in the 20 minute range. Never to the bus from CBR to DHS so I can't give you an estimate on that one.

You do stop at the various "islands" to pick people up and drop them off, but I never felt like that added a whole lot of time to the trip, maybe 5-7 minutes. We were on Trinidad North and seemed to be one of the last stops before heading out, from what my mangled memory can remember.

CleveRocks
11-23-2009, 08:33 PM
I agree that it only adds about 5 minutes to the overall ride, but that's only if you're the first stop of seven ... if you're the last pick-up, then it adds no time at all!

CBR is not nearly as spread out as FW, and thus it's no big deal to go around to each stop.

Gator
11-24-2009, 04:44 PM
One of the reasons I love CBR is the short ride to DHS and Epcot. It's not too bad to AK. It's a long disntance to MK, but I bet it takes as long to get there as it does from the campgrounds.

Suz36
11-24-2009, 07:53 PM
We stayed there in October, and I too was concerned about transportation. For the most part, I was pleasantly surprised.

SillySymphony
11-27-2009, 09:27 PM
You'll find the central location of CBR to be of great benefit for getting to Epcot, MGM and DTD. AK and MK are bigger hops. If you have the wherewithal to rent a car, I'd say do it. You're always back before the buses and have the option of eating in nearby, non-Disney, restaurants.

DisneyDudet
11-27-2009, 09:33 PM
The multi-stop bus system at CBR is much better (and different) than at FW. You do not have to change buses from your 'village' to get to the parks. There will be a direct park bus that stops at all the stops. There is an internal bus that will get you from your 'village' to the Old Port Royale and Customs House.

All that being said, once on the bus, it can take an extra 5 min, if you are in one of the first stops. Its two-fold. You may have to travel a tad longer to get to your park, but you're the first to get off at the end of the day!!