PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk, YC, BC... What is the difference ?

fielin
11-23-2009, 09:33 AM
Hi,

I am considering trying one of those three deluxes. Because I'd love to be able to walk to Epcot in the morning ! :)

My gut feeling is that I would be happier at the BoardWalk, but as I'm reading more and more about the three resorts, I can't help but feel a little overwhelmed.

So, help me decide by telling me why you would personnaly choose one of these three resorts over the two others ?

another tink
11-23-2009, 11:27 AM
I would pick Beach Club, because it is the closest to Epcot and has a terrific pool.:cloud9:

Seasonscraps
11-23-2009, 11:36 AM
I would pick the BW because the pool at the BC/YC does not appeal to me all. It's a about a 5-10 minute walk to the International Gateway - depending on where your room is. It's big bright and airy. The main pool is going to be closed for refurb 1/18 - 2/5 which may effect your decision.

fielin
11-23-2009, 12:00 PM
Thanks for your answers ! :mickey:

The pool refurb shouldn't be a problem as I would go 4/26 to 5/2.

I know that StormAlong Bay is supposed to be a great swimming pool, but I never seem to find enough time to enjoy the pool more than once or twice each time, so I would not base my choice on that.

What about the bus situation ? Do they share transportation ? How do their restaurants and food courts compare ?

Seasonscraps
11-23-2009, 12:10 PM
They don't have food courts. There is a grab & go place in the Beach Club. The Boardwalk bakery has sandwhiches, the Bell Vue lounge has a continental breakfast. There's dozens of dining options between the 3 disney resorts, 2 parks plus the Swan & Dolphin. One drawback to the BW is that you have to go out to the Boardwalk for everything - groceries, food, etc.

They usually share buses with each other and sometimes the Swan & Dolphin too.

MOJoe
11-23-2009, 12:28 PM
Nothing wrong with the Boardwalk. It's fun and lively, has nice amenities and of course a great location. You feel in the middle of everything here.

The Beach Club has a similar "in the middle of everything" feel due to it's location. But it definately has more of a laid back vibe.

Of course the two pools are substantially different. The Beach Club pool complex is big. Really big. If you loose track of a little one who likes to run around, you could easily spend half an hour looking. But the grand scale is what makes this place special. The big drawback - there is no real pool bar here.
The pool at the Boardwalk seems small for a Deluxe, and the theme is quite garish for my taste. But for families with young children, it probably is a better choice.

Both resorts are top notch. Consider your families needs and you are certain to have a great time.

bruin1344
11-23-2009, 12:46 PM
You shouldnt have a problem if you stay at any of the 3.

I prefer BC a little more because of the theme and stormalong bay.

lockedoutlogic
11-23-2009, 12:49 PM
they are all practically the same....with sublte differences

Boardwalk offers the most "complete" of the 3...but it has some small drawbacks - the noise of the boardwalk at night...no quickserve breakfast (that aggrivates me to no end)

Yacht is a little more "stiff"...but it is the best of the 3 for adults...really like the decor

Beach is the closest ot EPCOT and has some more "kid friendly" features....usually seems a little more "worn" than the other two

but all in all - yacht or beach is perfect because they share the pool and facilities....so i would pick one of the two

HeadFairyInCharge
11-23-2009, 01:08 PM
Definitely Beach Club !!!

Stayed at Yacht Club...2008 before Christmas

I loved the location here close to a lot of dining options, Beaches and Cream, Cape May Cafe, Yachtsman Steak, and only a 5 min walk to Boardwalk for Flying Fish, Spoodles, etc..

Fireworks from Epcot seen everynight.... and the walk through Epcot was great.

Boats available to go to Epcot or Hollywood Studios...Bus was very good to MK and AK too
not long drives.

Cost wise...Yacht Club is OK in my opinion I would do Beach Club ...just seems warmer and friendlier...Pool was nice but not why I would choose this resort Happy planning :mickey:

fielin
11-23-2009, 01:36 PM
Well ! You are going to convince me of changing my mind. The more I read your messages, the more I feel like trying YC or BC !

I think I might like the Yacht Club theme more, looking at the photos.

Are there balconies in all the rooms ?
And, Lockedout, why do you say Boardwalk is the most 'complete' of the three ?

lockedoutlogic
11-23-2009, 02:11 PM
Well ! You are going to convince me of changing my mind. The more I read your messages, the more I feel like trying YC or BC !

I think I might like the Yacht Club theme more, looking at the photos.

And, Lockedout, why do you say Boardwalk is the most 'complete' of the three ?

well..."complete" might not be the right word....boardwalk has a full compliement of facilities...while "technically" yacht and beach have less of each...but since they're adjoining, in reality that doesn't mean much...if anything

Maleficent's Dad
11-23-2009, 07:55 PM
What about the bus situation ? Do they share transportation ? How do their restaurants and food courts compare ?
YC/BC share a bus. BW shares a bus with Swan/Dolphin. The only time all share one bus is for RETURN TRIP FROM DAK. BW is the last stop, making for a long trip.
Restaurants all within walking distance, none have actual "food courts," but BC has best quick services at BC Marketplace and B&C take out.

YC has full balconies.
Boardwalk has full balconies.
Only a small percentage at the BC have full balconies - so one must be requested when making your ressie, but even then, not guaranteed.

fielin
11-24-2009, 07:54 AM
Thank you for these very informative answers !

So, if these resorts don't have fodd courts as such, I still have two questions :
- How can you spend your Quick services counters, and what is the food selection (are there fresh fruits and light meals or is this all burgers and fries ?)
- If you have a refillable mug, where do you use it ?
:rocks:

HeadFairyInCharge
11-24-2009, 11:02 AM
I was able to use quick service credits at the Beach Club Marketplace in the AM and Lunchtime there is a difference in what you get as far as juice/sodas/coffees and also entree and dessert depending on the breakfast of lunch time schedule.Recall fresh fruit also breakfast sandwiches and lunchmeats, had lots of choices and very good pastries in the morning. Also by the pool there is a quick service option for hotdogs/burgers/chicken typical kind of food. Yacht Club gift shop sold snacks and drinks that can be on the dining plan as well, or bring home the Mickey Shaped Rice Crispie Treats dipped in Chocolate for Gifts...used many leftover snack credits this way... I believe there was a few choices at the Boardwalk also but really never used quick service there.:cool: