PDA

View Full Version : Pleasure Island Plan?

NH Disneyfan
11-22-2009, 08:44 PM
Does anyone know what's going to happen with PI? Since the clubs closed, it seems to simply be a gap in the Downtown Disney experience.

If you don't know what is happening there - what would you like to see happen?

WDWNut02
11-24-2009, 04:36 PM
As far as I have heard it is going to be more shops and restaurants. They may be having trouble finding businesses to fill the gaps though (with the be economy and all). I wouldn't be at all surprised if places like Raglan Road start pulling out because of the lack of foot traffic. :(

DisneyHoneymooners
11-25-2009, 09:35 AM
When we were there in Sept. there sure was not much going on. We had lunch at Raglin Road and it was very quite also. I did notice some construction type work going on in some of the old clubs.

passholderryan
11-30-2009, 10:41 AM
Bring back the Adventurers Club!!! One can only hope, but I realize its not gonna happen.:(

Imagineer1981
12-04-2009, 11:04 AM
Bring back the Adventurers Club!!! One can only hope, but I realize its not gonna happen.:(

Agreed! and Comedy Warehouse!

sagitarius
12-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Get ready for some exciting new shops and restaurants. Thank heavens they closed down some very unique locations to put more junk for people to buy and eat. I can't wait!!!

Put the Walt Disney back in Walt Disney World... Before it becomes a corporate board room where "guests" are measured not by their love of imagination and adventure, but by their wallets and bank accounts.

:mickey:

Seasonscraps
12-09-2009, 08:37 PM
Get ready for some exciting new shops and restaurants. Thank heavens they closed down some very unique locations to put more junk for people to buy and eat. I can't wait!!!

Put the Walt Disney back in Walt Disney World... Before it becomes a corporate board room where "guests" are measured not by their love of imagination and adventure, but by their wallets and bank accounts.

I think that has already happened.

Ed
12-10-2009, 08:23 AM
From today's Orlando Sentinel ~~

Walt Disney World hasn’t said much about it plans for Pleasure Island since closing its six nightclubs more than one year ago, but whatever changes are in store apparently won’t be finished until 2012.

That timeframe is tucked inside the Walt Disney Co.’s 107-page annual financial report, which was filed earlier this month with federal regulators.

In a section describing Disney World’s holdings, Disney writes,” In September 2008, the company commenced a plan to enhance Pleasure Island, which will feature new shopping and dining experiences to entertain guests of all ages. The project is expected to be completed in 2012.”

Pleasure Island’s six nightclubs closed Sept. 27, 2008. Disney has said it wants to make the venue more appealing to all age groups — rather than only those of legal drinking age.

But since the closings, only one new venue has opened at Pleasure Island: Paradiso 37, a restaurant with Mexican and South American cuisine. Disney has, however, added some other new elements elsewhere around Downtown Disney, including the Characters in Flight tethered-balloon ride and the dinosaur-themed restaurant T-Rex.

TheVBs
12-10-2009, 12:00 PM
DTD was packed when we were there in May.

dpolz544
02-09-2010, 04:25 PM
I just found out about Pleasure Island closing... that really bums me out. I just turned 21 last year and this is my first time back since I was of age, so I was really hoping to experience Pleasure Island...

What were your guys impressions of PI?

Scar
02-12-2010, 04:09 PM
From today's Orlando Sentinel ~~

Walt Disney World hasn’t said much about it plans for Pleasure Island since closing its six nightclubs more than one year ago, but whatever changes are in store apparently won’t be finished until 2012.

That timeframe is tucked inside the Walt Disney Co.’s 107-page annual financial report, which was filed earlier this month with federal regulators.

In a section describing Disney World’s holdings, Disney writes,” In September 2008, the company commenced a plan to enhance Pleasure Island, which will feature new shopping and dining experiences to entertain guests of all ages. The project is expected to be completed in 2012.”

Pleasure Island’s six nightclubs closed Sept. 27, 2008. Disney has said it wants to make the venue more appealing to all age groups — rather than only those of legal drinking age.

But since the closings, only one new venue has opened at Pleasure Island: Paradiso 37, a restaurant with Mexican and South American cuisine. Disney has, however, added some other new elements elsewhere around Downtown Disney, including the Characters in Flight tethered-balloon ride and the dinosaur-themed restaurant T-Rex.And there was much rejoicing.... Yay.

bamarn0919
02-16-2010, 05:54 PM
:cry::cry:Oh how I miss my 8Trax weekends!!!!

SBETigg
02-16-2010, 06:03 PM

It could easily be argued that they are returning to their Walt Disney roots by removing an area that appeals to adults only and not to families with children. Though of course, money is an issue. If the area was a smashing success as it was, they wouldn't have closed it.

MaxPower
02-17-2010, 12:02 PM
I fear that Disney will simply let outside companies come in and set up shops and restaurants. There will be even less Disney Magic.