PDA

View Full Version : Best Place to Eat in Disneyworld

mickeytravel
11-21-2009, 04:02 PM
What do you consider the best place to eat in Disneyworld whether it be in the park or resort.....:blush:

faline
11-21-2009, 04:04 PM
The very best place to eat at Disney World is Victoria & Alberts.

After that, my choice changes over time but some of my favorites include:
Le Cellier
California Grill
Hollywood Brown Derby

Scar
11-21-2009, 07:18 PM
The best restaurant where men do not have to wear a jacket and tie is Bistro de Paris.

Mysttree
11-21-2009, 10:16 PM
I have to say that I personally LOVE Narcoosee's! :number1:
Side Note- I have not -yet- tried Jiko's or V&A's.
Citricos & CG get honourable mentions!

kemps@wdw
11-21-2009, 10:25 PM
All are good. Some are better than others. And we've tried ALOT of places over the last 30 yrs. Some are still there and some are not. But, the one place we've gone to EVERY trip we've made to the the World, is the Hoop-Dee-Doo. Excellent food (and lots of it), excellent show (even though it's pretty much unchanged, it's still funny), casual atmosphere, and all seats are good! :thumbsup:

tadshome
11-22-2009, 07:10 AM
I have never eaten at V & A but I have heard some wonderful reports.

Our favourite is California Grill :cloud9:

IamBelle
11-22-2009, 07:40 AM
From the places I have tried, my favorites are Le Cellier, California Grill, Whispering Canyon, Liberty Tree Tavern, Yak and Yeti, Cape May Clambake, and Biergarten. They are all unique and have delicious food that we look forward to eating again!

brogan54
11-22-2009, 09:11 AM
i really love the california grill esp @fireworks time:thumbsup:

bruin1344
11-22-2009, 10:39 AM
LeCellier and Cape May

Disney4
11-22-2009, 11:14 AM
Boma/Jiko - The food may not be to everyone's takes, but the overall quality is better than average for the price.

Tinkermom
11-22-2009, 05:34 PM
We have been to V & A but I think I still would say my favorite is California Grill. Great food, great service and you just cannot beat that view!:mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
11-22-2009, 06:37 PM
This is a subjective question but the first restaurant that comes to my mind when I think of WDW is 'Ohana :tikki:

Poohbear88
11-22-2009, 07:21 PM
Ohana's & La Cellilar Yummy!!!:thumbsup:

mom2morgan
11-22-2009, 08:45 PM
Based only on where I've been, O'Hana's. Loved Cali Grill BUT portions are small. My DH left hungry since we could really only afford entree and dessert (and so did my daughter since she didn't like what she ordered. That's not a problem with a service style like O'Hana's where you can try something else!). It was kind of a shame for her since we were there to celebrate her 16th birthday.

phlo8810
11-22-2009, 08:46 PM
My absolute favorite is Fultons Crab House
but its not on the dining plan so we don't hit it very much anymore. That being said Flying Fish Cafe is incredible, California Grill, O'Hana, Tutto Italia, Chefs de France and Brown Derby are all favorites. The real answer is they're all good you can't go wrong so don't spend time agonizing over your choices. Go with your first instincts.

DisneyFr33k
11-23-2009, 11:36 AM
Our favs are:

Wolfgang Puck Cafe (GREAT Ravioli with meatballs)
'Ohana
Kona
Boma

Seasonscraps
11-23-2009, 11:53 AM
The best meal I ever had in Disney was at Shula's. Everything - food, ambiance & service was fantastic.

I also like Portobellos, Beaches & Cream, House of Blues, and Earl of Sandwich.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-23-2009, 12:05 PM
So far, our favorite is LeCellier...we want to try some signature restaurants next trip though:blush:

lockedoutlogic
11-23-2009, 12:36 PM
My short list:

V&A's
Jiko
Citricos
California Grill
Artists Point
Brown Derby
Chefs/Bistro
Wolfgang Puck Cafe

HeadFairyInCharge
11-23-2009, 12:42 PM
Informal...Loved the Burgers at Beaches & Cream, Nice dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse, really liked the breakfast at the Castle with the Princesses !!!

Also really likes our dinner at the Boardwalk, Spoodles was excellent and the restaurants within the parks were not as impressive to us ... dining plan is a savings and you do have to plan ahead for Advanced dining in most places :mickey:

lockedoutlogic
11-23-2009, 12:54 PM
Also really likes our dinner at the Boardwalk, Spoodles was excellent and the restaurants within the parks were not as impressive to us ... dining plan is a savings and you do have to plan ahead for Advanced dining in most places :mickey:

Spoodles is now "Kouzzina" - designed by Cat Cora (of the Iron Chef America series)

The dining plan is more of a break even than savings after the modifications they have made over the last few years....but that is debatable

I would not recommend "winging it" for meals in WDW anymore - even with the travel slowdown of the last year or so.
I hate that you have pre-plan...it has actually killed a big part of what made WDW enjoyable....BUT...it is gonna be a reservation place from now on (downturns like we are currently in aside)

BigThunderFan
11-23-2009, 04:08 PM
OK, I wasn't even going to post on this one since I don't feel we have tried enough places yet, but what the heck.

Boma was excellent despite the fact my picky DW did not like it. In fact, we aren't even allowed to try it this time. :(

brownie
11-23-2009, 08:33 PM
Breakfast - Goofy's Beach Bash Character Breakfast at Cape May Cafe
Lunch - Backlot Express at Disney's Hollywood Studios
Dinner - Ohana's at the Polynesian

22ridesandtheTOL
11-24-2009, 07:09 PM
I always love everything about the Flying Fish. There's something for everybody, and the quality is consistently fabulous.

:mickey:

Gator
11-24-2009, 07:14 PM
Though my wife wasn't really excited about it, I love Coral Reef. Great atmsophere and really good seafood. However, the wait is always long - so until the kids are older, no CR.

And I could eat at Flame Tree everyday of the trip.

mousetrapper
11-25-2009, 12:20 PM
Kona for breakfast (Tonga Toast!)

I also love Boma and Chef Mickey's - both have great variety and are all-you-can-eat!

Brown Derby and California Grill are wonderful "fancy" restaurants.

We also like Tokyo Dining - the service is amazing.

It's really hard to pick just one! :cloud9: