PDA

View Full Version : Second Guessing our ADR's (Melroses/CapGril)

daisyhead
11-21-2009, 02:39 PM
Hey!
I am second guess our ADR's. I wanted a DHS restaraunt so we could eat and enjoy the Osborne lights in the same evening AND I wanted an epcot restaraunt (or one close) so I chose Captain's Grille... now I am second guessing.

I could always get rid of one, change it to a breakfast somewhere else?

(Our other restaraunts for the trip are already Chef Mickeys, CRT, 1900 Park Fair)

What do you think of Mama Melroses and/or Captains Grille? Or is there another "unknown favorite" that maybe we should try....

Thanks for any input! :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-21-2009, 02:54 PM
Although everything is based on your tastes and preferences I have to share that we hated Mama Melrose's. The food was bland, and the service was horrible. It is one of the few Disney restaurants that I would never eat again!

I would recommend eating in Epcot, and then heading over to DHS for the Osborne Lights. You can take the boat from the World Showcase area, so you don't have to go all of the way to the front of the park.

2MuchWDFun
11-21-2009, 04:08 PM
Well ,I have to say that my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed Mama Melsrose in September 2008. Loved the food, service was very good, comfortable family atmosphere. You may also want to try their terrific sangria...it is delish!

It's interesting, I almost didn't make the ADR because of the mixed reviews...I'm glad we tried it for ourselves. You'll find good reviews and not so good reviews on just about every restaurant. I'd say go for it!

VWL Mom
11-21-2009, 05:13 PM
We ate at Mama Melrose earlier this month and enjoyed our meal. Actually, we eat there every trip on DHS EMH nights. Especially like the Calamari appetizer which is scattered with hot peppers.:thumbsup:

I agree with 2muchwdfun, go for it. There have been places posters rave about that we can't stand and those we like and that others don't.

dephenn
11-21-2009, 05:32 PM
I have to agree with IBELIEVEINDISNEYMAGIC right on the money. This is the only place that I have ever posted anything negative about and I love Italian food, but even if the food had been food the service was sub par, you would think that you were in a French restaurant. If you make an ADR set it for 45 minutes before you want it, so you can be seated when you actually want to seated. Good luck, and just incase I forgot to mention it, I would change out of Mama Melrose's.