PDA

View Full Version : Family style buffet??

ToDisney
11-21-2009, 02:32 AM
Where are the places that serve a "Family style" buffet. You know, when they continue to bring the food to the table as you need more, instead of a buffet serving line.

I was thinking, if we decided to pick a table service that's a buffet (my kids like the variety) then this may be the way to go with the threat of flu viruses around.

Seasonscraps
11-21-2009, 03:56 AM
Off the top of my head, WCC and LTT have family style meals.

DisneyFr33k
11-21-2009, 06:38 AM
Don't forget 'Ohana too. We've eaten there and Liberty Tree (they only serve family style at dinner). Both were good!

wdw_bound
11-21-2009, 08:03 AM
In addition to those mentioned, there is also the Garden Grille at Epcot. However, if variety is what you are after, you may want a traditional buffet. The family style restaurants all have a fixed menu. Some are a little broader variety (Ohana has different meat skewers, for example), but you aren't going to find the huge assortment of dishes that you would at, say, Crystal Palace.

Have a great trip!:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-21-2009, 09:19 AM
We also love the "family" style option!

Our favourite is Garden Grill at Epcot, with Mickey and friends...my salad was so fresh from the Land below that it still had a ladybug on it :blush:

The princess breakfast at Norway is also a mixed buffet (for cold "appetizer" items) and a family style hot meal.

There isn't as big a choice as at a buffet, but we've always liked the variety - different meats, salad, veggies. At Garden Grill, there were actually kids options and adult options, and we could all eat from both :mickey:

Tinkermom
11-21-2009, 10:36 AM
We love Garden Grill as well! :thumbsup: I particuarly love the salad as it is so fresh and all of the ingredients for it come from the greenhouses in Epcot.

beksy
11-21-2009, 03:40 PM
We LOVE Garden Grill! It is one of our favorite restaurants, no matter what type. Other family-style meals we've had are WCC (if you order the skillet), LTT, 'Ohana (breakfast and dinner), and Norway. That's all I can think of right now. We enjoy these types of meals.

Thumper_ehhhhh
11-23-2009, 07:12 PM
Cinderellas breakfast is a serve at your table buffet too. We also like the Garden grill at epcot very much. The Liberty Tree tavern is where were eating dinner on Dec 25. They are the only place we have found with turkey on the menu lol.

brownie
11-23-2009, 08:26 PM
Ohana and the Garden Grill are the two that we've been to. We enjoyed them both.

jonahbear2006
11-23-2009, 08:50 PM
ohana and garden grill are pretty decent for dinner, the other two are good but they are so loud i wont go back. i dont want to scream at my husband across the table. LTT was horrible about that. We couldnt wait to get out of there.