PDA

View Full Version : Nov 13- 19th Poly Family - Day 5 (Downtown Disney, DisneyQuest and MVMCP))

DisneyBarb
11-21-2009, 12:24 AM
Myself – 44 loves all things Disney – 11th trip
DH – 46 loves Disney about a notch below me
DD – 14 loves Disney about the same as DH
DS – 11 mini me in “getting” Disney

We had been pretty crazy so I thought a little downtime with shopping would be nice. We had a less then stellar CS breakfast at Captain Cooks.. One of those meals that just sits in your stomach.. They also told us we had 2 drinks with each (breakfast) meal? Strange but we got some extra water.. I don't think we paid for 1 single drink this trip...

I wanted to get some sun time.. Have to get that vitamin D while I can! Relaxed by the pool and in the pool with the kids for a while. One note was I recall 4 years ago calling my mom from the hammock on the beach gloating that I was drinking coffee looking at the castle. I noticed now that the view has virtually disappeared. You can still see it in a lot of spots for the Poly but the trees on the island between seem to be getting in the way.

Gathered the family and got a bus (hardly a wait) to DTD. We made a way around and made a few purchases. Our first trip we gave each kid an alloment to spend how they want. This saves on the "I want a balloon, I want candy etc". They determine how to spend. We still do this however if they want to go over it they spend their own money. Funny how they are more frugal with their own!

We had ressies at 5 for Planet Hollywood but decided on a late lunch/early dinner instead. Food was good in an empty resturant. Used my $15 dollar voucher and got 15% off of a t-shirt also.

We went to DisneyQuest so the kids could do Cyber Mountain. They did this a couple of times while I played PacMan and other 80s games...

They were tired and wanted to go back and rest so off we went. I had to stop at Ghiardellis for a hot fudge sundae which was great as usual.

We thought about doing the Character of Flight but my son and I don't like heights and were too chicken...

A bus was again waiting for us (told you it was a nearly perfect vacation!). We head back to the Poly to rest. We arrive at the Poly and greeted by a CM to encourage us to stay for the Torch lighting. We did stay and enjoyed it, this was the first time we have seen it and it was pretty good!

DD started with a stuffy nose and a bit of a cough. I had every type of med with me and seem to feel better after a rest.:ill:

Off to the Christmas Party we go... It was exciting being greeted by the CMs dressed up and more friendly then usual. The snow falling on Main Street was great!

We knew we didn't want to see the first parade since it would be crowded. We went through Fantasyland.. Philamagic, Peter Pan (a walk on!), Small world etc. We also went to HM and a CM decided to be funny with us. As we were getting in the car, he decided to stare down DD. We went by him and then he popped his head back around into the car and scared the you know what out of us! Never has that happened to us before!

We went to Toontown to see Minnie and Mickeys house, only Mickey was in his house taking pictures so we really couldnt go in. We all took a ride on the Barnstormer. My DH and I were a little squished together but if it was fun. 4 times we were allowed to go because there was no one waiting...

Got some cookies and cocoa and watched a little bit of the fireworks.

Got a pretty good seat near the Liberty Tavern for the parade. I wanted to be on Main Street but given the fact we wanted to end the night on TMR and Splash thought it would make it easier to be here. The parade was very good and the kids seem to enjoy it. We have our FP we had received from TMR to some people near us and they seem to be appreciative.

Got chills watching the parade and not because the weather was cold. In the back of my mind I was wondering if the 4 of us will be able to all come back again together...

We did Country Bear Jamboree and was suprised it wasn't their Christmas show that we had seen in the past. Cute show but I think it could use some updating..

Finish the night with Splash and TMR. Its too bad there were some rude 20 year old men behind me making raunchy comments during Splash.. I did everything I could do not to turn around and give them a piece of my mind...DH had left at this point and didn't think it was a good idea...

So sad knowing it was the last visit to MK and we left with the "snow" falling and Christmas music playing.

Tomorrow - Epcot, Disney Studios, packing..

Overall impressions -

Pool - Hanging out by the pool was nice, we probably should have gone to Blizzard but we prefer Typhoon which was closed. The kids missed the slide on this day

DTD - I'm not a huge shopper but I enjoy these shops. I'm curious what will happen with Pleasure Island.. DH and I were talking about the trip we took before kids and spend 4 nights having a great time...

Disney Quest - Only did because it was included in the ticket. Nice break from the parks however.

MVMCP - hmmm not sure what to say. Glad that we did it and I enjoyed the parade and snow, however to pay an extra $200 + for a night that wasn't all that different from others I would think twice about. If we went at a time that was crowded normally we would probably appreciate the short wait in the lines more...

At this point, depression is creeping in that tomorrow is our last full day...

faline
11-21-2009, 03:24 PM
They haven't done the Country Bears Christmas for several years now which is definitely a disappointment!

We love the Christmas party and can't go at this time of year without participating!

pdrlkr
11-22-2009, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

KylesMom
11-23-2009, 11:36 AM
Isn't it amazing how much more frugal the kids are when you give them a set amount to spend and they get to make the financial decisions?!

A nice day - but bittersweet, thinking of your last moments at MK. I hope your visits to DHS & EPCOT tomorrow go as planned and that you finish your trip with great memories. :mickey:

DizNee143
11-23-2009, 11:47 AM
a nice relaxing day!! the pool..some time at dtd..then the christmas party!! what a great day..:mickey:

princessgirls
11-23-2009, 05:58 PM
Nice day Disney Barb!
The last day in the Magic Kingdom always gets me a little sad too.
Thanks for the report!

Julie:mickey:

BluewaterBrad
11-24-2009, 03:40 PM
Great reports! I am headed to your last day.:mickey:

DisneyorBust
11-24-2009, 07:19 PM
Sorry to read that your daughter picked up some sort of 'bug', hopefully it's just a cold. Not a good place to be sick (not that there is a good place to be sick:confused:) We love Christmas in the World! Sounds like another great day, off to your next report.

vizsla
11-26-2009, 07:33 AM
Thanks for the report.