PDA

View Full Version : Nov 13- 19th Poly Family - Day 4 (Chef Mickeys, Epcot, Space Shuttle and MK EMH)

DisneyBarb
11-20-2009, 08:08 PM
Myself – 44 loves all things Disney – 11th trip
DH – 46 loves Disney about a notch below me
DD – 14 loves Disney about the same as DH
DS – 11 mini me in “getting” Disney

I realized this morning that we did 4 parks in 2 days.. we had done this on previous trips but it felt much more tiring in the past. I think because it had been more crowded...

My son really wanted to eat at Chef Mickeys since we missed it the last time. This was the only time(7:15 a.m.) I could get for this day. Not great planning on my part following an EMH but it was fine.

The food and interaction was good. Its great to see my kids pretending not to care but then you can see them looking around wondering when the next character will come! Another great thing is watching their reactions when they watched the little ones responses..

We decided to go back and take it easy for a bit since it was going to be another late night. My DS and I both manage to get a morning nap in :cloud9:

We took off for Epcot around 11:30 and of course we were hungry again! We ate at Electric Umbrella.. food was okay. I didn't like my Caesar salad but the others thought theirs was fine.

Headed over to Soarin, got FP and then went on the land. It was only a short time for our FP so we went on and loved it.. We got off and the line was only 20 mins so did it again!

As we were waiting I had heard the CM mention the space shuttle and the fact we could see it. I more or less forgot about it and then as we headed out towards Club Cool to meet the boys, I heard someone yell "there it is, there it is" pointing to the sky. I will tell you, that normally this type of thing doesn't excite me but seeing it was awesome!!! It was a big orange ball by the time I looked up and kept going and going until it just disappeared into the orbit. Very exciting! My DD wasn't as thrilled as I was but did ask me questions about it the rest of the day.. DH and DS missed as they were in Club Cool

Headed over to TT which we rode a couple of times and then back to the Poly.

We took the boat over to MK and talked to some nice Colts fans and discussed the game.

I love the MK during the day, but at night its really something special. Walking down Main Street with my family listening to Christmas music is pretty great.

Another good dinner at Liberty Tavern, not crowded at all but we did miss the characters in their colonial garb. I also LOVED the butter! I kept eating mash potatos and slathering it.. it was very sweet. My DH was teasing me saying on your trip report are you going to say the butter was your favorite meal?? :blush:

We walked out and noticed Spectro Magic was ready to get started. We waited for it and it I could cleary see it affected my son. When the music started he leaned over and hugged his sister he was so excited (he calls it giving him the warm and fuzzy feeling). So great to see since they are fighting half the time!

My daughter bought a "bubble" gun and kept using it in lines etc.. She said she was spreading happiness... It was funny seeing peoples reaction when all of a sudden there were bubbles appearing and they didn't know where they were coming from... people do love bubbles!

Did Thunder and Splash.. 2nd time on Thunder it broke down so we got free FP for any ride at MK until Nov 30th. Nice gesture.

As we headed over to Space Mountain, hit Snow White and Pooh and the kids rode Dumbo for the first time ever!

Space Mountain posted a 30 min wait, asked if we could use our new FP but they said don't bother.. it ended up being a walk on!

I'm really not sure I saw a difference except the queue. I probably don't ride it enough to notice.. still pretty bumpy etc. The kids and DH loved it and rode again a couple of times.

Went to Buzz Lightyear and I got 720,000! yes you read that right! I hit something that gave me 500,000 and I was on fire... I jokingly asked for a prize as I exited and they just smiled and nodded as to say "move on lady"...

Hit the bakery on the way out (not crowded) and made our way back knowing that we only had 2 full days left but we didn't have to get up to an alarm...aahhh...

Tomorrow - Downtown Disney, DisneyQuest and MVMCP

Overall impressions

Space Shuttle - probably a once in a life time sight and glad I saw it
MK - Asked the kids where they think was a good hiding place so I could live there.. got the eye roll!
My kids - So fun to see them watching the little ones.. I was worried they were getting too old to enjoy but like seeing it through others eyes.. made me proud and happy

hannahandkalebmom
11-20-2009, 09:14 PM
Can't wait to see what is coming up next in your trip report. Getting excited for our upcoming trip. :mickey3:

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-20-2009, 09:44 PM
Sounds like another great day!

I'm so glad you got to see the shuttle - we had a launch during our last trip, but it was too cloudy and we couldn't see it :(

faline
11-21-2009, 03:20 PM
A number of years ago, when we were camping at Disney World, we got up at 4 a.m. and drove out to see a Space Shuttle Launch. It was pretty amazing - we could see it going up before the sound hit us like a wave! Glad you got to experience a shuttle launch - there are only 5 left!

dream6
11-22-2009, 10:37 AM
We were on the Boardwalk when we saw the space shuttle go up - It was easily one of the coolest things I've ever seen!! And it definitely made me want to see it from the Cape next time. I guess I only have about a year to do it!

pdrlkr
11-22-2009, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

KylesMom
11-23-2009, 11:21 AM
Chef Mickey's, even though DS is almsot 12, still remains one of our favorites for the memories it evokes in us all. Glad that your family still enjoys it!

Great afternoon of fun at EPCOT, how cool to see the shuttle! We've visited Kennedy Space Center in the past, and the only thing that would have made the trip better would be to see the shuttle launch or landing live! We've heard the sonics booms before, but it was just too cloudy to see that fireball.

Most excellent that you all made it on to Space Mountain. A great overall evening at MK - you gotta love those warm fuzzies DS was talking about at the start of Spectro! :thumbsup:

My kids - So fun to see them watching the little ones.. I was worried they were getting too old to enjoy but like seeing it through others eyes.. made me proud and happy :thumbsup: :mickey:

DizNee143
11-23-2009, 11:33 AM
another great day of course at the parks!
thats awesome you and your daughter were able to catch the shuttle launch!!

BluewaterBrad
11-24-2009, 03:35 PM
I try not to think about the end of the trip!!:mickey:

DisneyorBust
11-24-2009, 07:22 PM
Pretty exciting! We were lucky to see a shuttle launch this past March. They held the Monorail at the Magic Kingdom station so those of us on the platform could see it!
Another great day, thanks for the reports!:thumbsup:

vizsla
11-25-2009, 05:21 AM
Thanks for the report.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-01-2009, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the report